lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2019, 03:54 PM   #1
DWTOY
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default No Spark

2001 EZGO 4 stroke EH29C engine, my son just bought cart and after running fine for a day it became hard to start then would not start at all. Had weak spark at both plugs. Checked primary of ignition coil = 3.5 ohms. I got distracted before checking secondary because we weren't too smart and he wanted to just replace the igniter and voltage regulator because he read something on the net and it said it was most likely the igniter and to replace the VR also just to be safe because it may be bad and took out the igniter. He found after market parts that weren't too expensive so he bought them and we replaced both at the same time. Now there is no spark at all. We put the original igniter and VR back in and still have no spark. Any advice on how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated and I won't let him just shot gun the problem this time.
DWTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2019, 11:00 AM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: No Spark

Check ground wires on the bracket that holds the starter solenoid and igniter.

You can also pull the connector from the igniter apart and see if there is 12v on the red wire on that plug from the harness when you push the pedal.

The ezgo ignition coil is powered from the small post on the starter solenoid.

It has to pulse a test light when spinning engine over. Solid light means its not firing. Take a test light and stick it on the small red wire on coil leaving the wire connected. See what happens.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:41 PM   #3
DWTOY
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: No Spark

Thanks, for the advice. I will check that and let you know as soon as I can meet my son at his house after he gets off work early enough.
DWTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO