lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2019, 11:24 AM   #1
jeepinjc
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 EZGO TXT clutch Issue with Video

I recently purchased a 2007 EZGO TXT with a 6" lift and bigger tires. We cannot seem to pull up hills and the belt smells like it is burning. I have replaced the belt but I believe I have a clutch issue. I am not sure which clutch to turn to first, what to look for, and Upgrades that I should do.

video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6052...ature=youtu.be

I am not new to turning wrenches, I work on jeeps all the time.
jeepinjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2019, 11:32 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 EZGO TXT clutch Issue with Video

jack the rear end up with it in gear and remove the belt. Try and turn the rear clutch by hand. Make sure the tires rotate smoothly and it's not binding up in the transmission/rear end.

You're smoking belts because the primary clutch is spinning and the secondary is not. They should work together in harmony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCEvBGT8twM

I'd say your secondary is trash. It may just be the buttons, may have a broken spring, but it's definitely not working like it should. The front seems to be opening and closing fine, but it's function and movement is being stopped by the secondary.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:19 PM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Either that or a rear end or brake problem. That belt is slipping pretty easily through the secondary though. It should be all the way closed when the cart is resting.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:35 AM   #4
jeepinjc
Not Yet Wild

Should the belt be tight at the top of the Secondary clutch when resting? Mine seems to go to the bottom of the Secondary very quick?
Old 09-24-2019, 10:49 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjc View Post
Should the belt be tight at the top of the Secondary clutch when resting? Mine seems to go to the bottom of the Secondary very quick?
Yes, the belt should rest approximately flush with the top of the secondary clutch when resting.

Yours is sticking, badly. I would remove it and inspect it. May be something simple like a broken spring. It may be just broken, but you won't know until you get it off.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:11 AM   #6
jeepinjc
Not Yet Wild

Ok, so I am still at this thing. I put the 28 degree driven clutch and belt on last night. It is much better but still seems to be slipping on the drive clutch now. So I removed the drive clutch and tore it apart. There was a lot of dust (like brake dust) so I cleaned it. There is a spring in it and I wondered if that could be replaced. I start doing research on the part this morning and now I am all confused. It appears that I have an ST480 Drive clutch but they only came on 2010 and up. The only spring I can find for sale that looks like the one I have says it is for a driven spring?? Pics Attached of what I have
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190922_195155.jpg (117.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7439.jpg (187.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (109.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO