lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #11
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2 cycle 60 psi compression, Rebuild it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
I never said they affected compression. I was just reminding him to make sure he replaced them while the engine was out.

[emoji1303] I wouldn’t hesitate to replace them. Especially with how difficult the flywheel can be. Do it while it’s out.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2019, 12:10 PM   #12
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
[emoji1303] I wouldn’t hesitate to replace them. Especially with how difficult the flywheel can be. Do it while it’s out.
I fought one of these flywheel for hours last year before I got it off. I did make a tool that fits in the slot for oil injection pump on end of crankshaft but its still a royal PITA
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 02:51 PM   #13
Ascender
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=trig123;1660456]I fought one of these flywheel for hours last year before I got it off. I did make a tool that fits in the slot for oil injection pump on end of crankshaft but its still a royal PITA[/QUOTE
I just replaced both clutches so it should be that bad to get back off... The first time was a complete nightmare though.
Ascender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:11 PM   #14
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

id get another compression tester and perform it again. Im surprised its running with 60psi!

on the cylinders, if it does need to be done, pull them and take them to a machinist to have them check if you would need .010 , .020 ect. then order the piston and rings and have them bored to match the pistons. if they say they can bore the cylinders without the pistons on hand politely get your stuff and find a new machinist.

IMO your better off boring your stock cylinder than using the aftermarket stuff.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:15 PM   #15
Ascender
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
id get another compression tester and perform it again. Im surprised its running with 60psi!

on the cylinders, if it does need to be done, pull them and take them to a machinist to have them check if you would need .010 , .020 ect. then order the piston and rings and have them bored to match the pistons. if they say they can bore the cylinders without the pistons on hand politely get your stuff and find a new machinist.

IMO your better off boring your stock cylinder than using the aftermarket stuff.
I tried it with two different gauges... When i pulled the reed valves i gained about 7-10 psi. I was too surprised it ran with such low compression... I pulled the engine today, here is a video of the piston slop. I am debating on where to go from here, I am not sure if there is anyone close that will bore it for me. The complete rebuild kit is $185. The cylinder wall looks good no scratches ect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKeC...xOawZ7JuhTqsdU
Old 10-12-2019, 11:46 PM   #16
Ascender
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone for your help and input. I went ahead and pulled the jug off tonight and there was a lot more damage than could be seen from the top, there was some scoring and gouges in the cylinder wall, the rings were in rough shape one broke into pieces when i was removing it. I was looking and i can get a complete kit for like $186 that is almost just a cheap as buying piston kit, and a gasket set then having someone bore the cylinder. So i will just go ahead and rebuild the whole top end.... At least the cam seemed to be tight and in good shape.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:41 AM   #17
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

That’s probably the same kit I got for mine. It worked well, except for me putting the piston backwards...
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:04 AM   #18
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascender View Post
Thanks everyone for your help and input. I went ahead and pulled the jug off tonight and there was a lot more damage than could be seen from the top, there was some scoring and gouges in the cylinder wall, the rings were in rough shape one broke into pieces when i was removing it. I was looking and i can get a complete kit for like $186 that is almost just a cheap as buying piston kit, and a gasket set then having someone bore the cylinder. So i will just go ahead and rebuild the whole top end.... At least the cam seemed to be tight and in good shape.
I would assume you mean crank not cam.........
You should at least replace the crankshaft seals too........

I always tell everyone if you have to do a top end why not go ahead and get the complete engine rebuild kit, it doesn't cost that much more and you get a new crankshaft with new main rod and most important lower rod bearing. Also the other three crank bearings/seals/gaskets etc. You only reuse the case and head, I had to do mine a few years ago due to bad crank bearings. Here's the link on mine. Good luck.....

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...e-rebuild.html
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 03:02 PM   #19
Naturalblaq
Not Yet Wild

I have the same issue. 60psi before and after rebuild. Don't know what to do and don't want to keep putting money into this thing. Has anyone figured out the issue?
Naturalblaq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 cycle, rebuild or replace, slow acceleration
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO