lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2020, 04:18 PM   #1
IMKCMAC
Not Yet Wild

Default Identify my EZ GO GAS CART

Can one of you knowledgeable people identify and answer some questions I have about my recent purchase?
It's an EZ GO, Serial No. 722645
Manuf. Code 03M92
I believe it's a 1992,manufactured in March. That all I can figure out on my own.
It needs the steering repaired. A lot of play in the wheel. It's not the linkage etc. but I believe it's in the steering box mounted in the passenger compartment.
I've looked them up online and am now confused. Can you just replace the two gears or do I need to replace the entire box?
After reading Dave Box's post I'm pretty sure I have the 3pg engine. Do those engines have valve stem seals like the older small block chevys did? When I drive it after it has sat overnight it smokes quite a bit and then quits.
Is there an owners or service/parts manual available for these? Would be very helpful.
It seems to run fine but how do I tell if the clutch is working properly?
My previous cart was a '85 Marathon Electric. Decided I wasn't going to spend that much money again for new batteries.
Thanks in advance for any responses.
IMKCMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2020, 04:57 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Identify my EZ GO GAS CART

This link has your manual broken down into pdf files by chapter. https://app.box.com/s/3habgxrtgz

The 3pg is a 2 stroke. It doesn't have valves.
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 11:27 PM   #3
IMKCMAC
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Identify my EZ GO GAS CART

Cart Around,
Thanks for the reply and pdf.
After reading the article by Dave Box I did a little more digging and found a link to a pdf EZ GO Gas engine manual and parts book.
I don't know what engine I actually have but I know it's not a two stroke.
It resembles the pictures in the pdf manual. 295cc or 350cc. I doubt it's a 350cc.
Is there an id number on these somewhere?
As of my first post on this it has quit moving. I believe it's the variable speed (drive clutch) pulley not moving in and out like it should. So now I need to find out how to remove it and is it rebuild able. As I type this I'm downloading the pdf you shared. Thanks again.
IMKCMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO