lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2020, 09:40 PM   #11
newtjl
Gone Wild

Default Re: Marathon gas electrical help neede

You said it has power to the ignition coil. 12 volts DC I would think. If you hook a test light up to to the input wires on your coil, that light should flash when you turn the engine over with the starter (I would think). If the light does not flash, that would explain why you have power but no spark. That would indicate a pulsar fault, a bad ground on the pulsar, or a bad ground on the ignitor. Maybe Cart Around or someone can verify that I'm right on this or completely wrong :-( That ignitor is supposed to be grounded to the frame, Id check that next.
newtjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2020, 10:03 PM   #12
newtjl
Gone Wild

I just looked at the wiring diagram again. That ignitor and pulsar replaced points. That ignitor is supposed to energize and de-energize your coil based on what the pulsar coil is signalling it to do. Thats exactly what ignition points did on the older models from the 1970s. Your ignition coil already has power from the solenoid. All this ignitor does is send the ground signal on and off to make the coil generate spark. Check the frame to ground on that ignitor box and make sure the ignitor is getting 12 volts from the battery. If those connections are good, the ignitor is bad. Once you get that lined out, you will have sparkle.
newtjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 01:20 PM   #13
Charlyc99
Not Yet Wild

It's definitely a ground issue, both leads (+) and (-) going to the ignition coil carry power when cranking? but i ran a lead from the negative and rubbed it to ground when cranking and it wanted to start, i had a spark tester light and it would light up the bulb.

i took of the 1 ground wire that goes from the starter/generator to the motor to the frame and to the battery. cleaned all 4 ends and its contacting points but still does nothing.

someone said the pickup magnet had to be spaced from the flywheel pulley but there is no adjustment slots on the magnetic pickup mounts.

all parts installed on this cart came off a parts (engine running) cart.
Charlyc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO