lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2020, 10:18 AM   #1
doo dah
Gone Wild

Default 2013 TXT Engine Miss

I have a 2013 TXT with the Kawasaki engine that runs well on flat ground, will go 31mph. On steep inclines it loses power, as I expect, but has a miss that I've not heard before. I rebuilt the Team clutches with GBoost springs, buttons, and belt and I have 25" tires so I'm not really expecting it to go 30 uphill, more like 8 but I am at walking speed with a sputtering engine so at times I think it is going to die before topping the hill. I put in new plug, oil, and filters. What else can I do?
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2020, 08:08 AM   #2
doo dah
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2013 TXT Engine Miss

Nothing on this? I'll remove the carb and clean it but not certain that is the issue since on flat runs it will fly but up hill it sputters and almost stalls. Could the ignition module be bad?
Old 05-14-2020, 11:51 AM   #3
doo dah
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2013 TXT Engine Miss

As FYI in case anyone comes across the same issue, I removed the carb and cleaned all fuel passages with carb cleaner (from a can). The tube fit perfect into the jet, needle seat, etc...passages so I got some high pressure cleaner through it. It solved the miss. Still a turtle going up hill but at least it isn't on the verge of stalling when going up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO