lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2020, 12:25 PM   #11
Tburroughs11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 GAS EZGO TXT - Cranks but won’t start; no spark

Alright, so the weather is much nicer today other than the humidity. I started by running the temporary ground as suggested by CP241. No luck with getting any spark. I did verify grounds again with a multimeter.

Next step was to swap the after market ignitor back out with the original OEM ignitor in hopes that wasn’t the original issue. Still no spark....... I reverified voltage coming from the pulsar coil to be 0.652 volts AC. So I did not fool with pulling everything apart to verify the gap.

If I am looking to buy a new OEM ignitor for a hundred bucks would I be better off pursuing an HEI mod that I have been reading on in this forum? Or does anyone have a recommendation not to? I’m just trying to not get too deep in money thrown at it in the event I never get to use the thing.

If it’s better to just by the ignitor, what sites do you guys recommend for reliable parts? I have read reviews on a couple of sites for that exact part and they have had issue with DOA parts.
Tburroughs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2020, 03:45 PM   #12
Tburroughs11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

One small update. Had some time to kill so I went ahead and checked the pulsar coil gap. It was a snug 0.028 which to me would be close enough. I did gently clean a light layer of surface rust off and that put the gap at a very snug 0.032. AC voltage afterwards was 0.482. I feel like I was better off not fooling with it..... Live and learn I guess.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:20 PM   #13
Tburroughs11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Alright, I purchased another ignitor but bit the bullet and went OEM. We have spark and she’s running. If hind sight was 20/20 I would have still started with checking grounds, used multimeter to verify iginition coil and pulsar coil. Then bought an OEM ignitor. The info found here is what pointed my in the right direction. Due to the fact that I’m cheap, I bought a junk ignitor and caused a lot of unneeded digging and head scratching.

Thanks to those that chimed in and pointed me back to the ignitor even though it was new. Time for oil change and belts.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:29 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tburroughs11 View Post
Alright, I purchased another ignitor but bit the bullet and went OEM. We have spark and she’s running. If hind sight was 20/20 I would have still started with checking grounds, used multimeter to verify iginition coil and pulsar coil. Then bought an OEM ignitor. The info found here is what pointed my in the right direction. Due to the fact that I’m cheap, I bought a junk ignitor and caused a lot of unneeded digging and head scratching.

Thanks to those that chimed in and pointed me back to the ignitor even though it was new. Time for oil change and belts.

We all live and learn. My first yamaha I went through at least 4 or 5 aftermarket ignitor because I refused to spend $400 on a new OEM ignitor for a cart I paid $250 for. Every one of them was junk and every one of them behaved slightly differently leading me to believe I was chasing the wrong cat. 2 of them were even advertised with the OEM part number further causing confusion leading me to believe they were OEM (and twice the price, I guess just because if you pay double it doubles down on your belief it is OEM).

Live and learn. All.part of the fun
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO