lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2020, 12:31 PM   #1
1badstang
Not Yet Wild

Default Clutch bad

Got vintage 1986 ezgo marathon 2 stroke. How is the best way to tell which clutch is bad? Primary movement is smooth on jack stands, the secondary on jack stands is compressing in once you keep throttle down no noise but I noticed the buttons are worn enough it's letting it rub once compressed. It's got typical signs loses power on small hill down to walking speed flat ground you start off pedal to floor and it sounds like it's going into another gear and I don't know if it's slipping that much and just catching up. Any help appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200801_183553.jpg (65.0 KB, 0 views)
1badstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2020, 04:32 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Clutch bad

There are two easy things to do first.

Measure the width of the drive belt. 1 3/16" is new. Less than an inch is junk.

Remove the belt from the driven clutch. Squeeze the plates together with one hand. There should be no movement. If they lean towards each other, or wobble, the shaft is worn out. That will also cause slippage.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:17 PM   #3
1badstang
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Clutch bad

Thanks for your suggestions i honestly am thinking on just putting new driven clutch on since it is a 1986 and I doubt it has ever been changed. Even thought about changing buttons out they wore and causing it to scrub metal to metal. I'll let you know how things go Thanks
1badstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO