lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #11
Figment51
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 99 48volt club car won't move

OK now you blew my bubble here I thought I had it but no you have to go and start the fire burning chez can't get a break
OK let's start from the beginning
For the last couple years the cart for no reason would not move F or R only once in a while then 5min 30 min 2hrs whatever it would be ok Every time she called me I would go and shift to drive or reverse and the *** thing would go
this time it wont go at all but when I shift to F or R I feel a little bump and that's it I do not here the solenoid energize you know click click when I step on the pedal There are brand new Batteries put in 3 months ago and are fully charged all new cable I made from welding cable (I was a Auto Mechanic for 25 yrs) The reverse buzzer stopped I don't know when but I guess I know now what that problem is I tried to get her to get a new cart but no she likes using mine since it does 25mph and hers does 12mph If I don't get it fixed I have to take hers and get me a new one so if you don't help me I will blame you all for losing my cart (Only Kidding)
JIm
Figment51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2009, 02:16 AM   #12
bioniccartsandcustoms
Runnin' with Scissors

Club Car

Ok, If voltage is ok, batteries and cables are ok. Pull the access cover behind the drivers seat and locate the solenoid. When you feel the cart give that slight bump you described, Check the resistor between the to large poles on the solenoid carefully. If it is hot, the solenoid may have failed and the resistor is trying to carry the voltage. Thats where the little bump feeling comes from. If its not hot. Find the small yellow trigger wire going to the solenoid. Hook a jumper from the small yellow wire on small post of solenoid to themain neg. battery post. See if the cart runs now. If it does, you may have an on board computer that has failed. Just a few thoughts.
bioniccartsandcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #13
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Hey Figment51, I apologize...I wasn't trying to be mean and after re-reading what I typed, I see it came across wrong. I just found it amusing on the amount of time it takes to register and post, but I totally understand your reason for asking as not knowing if those switches had anything to do with the carts drive system...again my apologies
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:42 AM   #14
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Ox has a little bit of a Jeckle and Hyde Personality
He is really a good guy and always willing to Help
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #15
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorrison View Post
Ox has a little bit of a Jeckle and Hyde Personality
He is really a good guy and always willing to Help
yeah its that whole typing of what I/we are trying to say...doesn't always come across right...as seen many times on these forums, by many differnet members...jokes sometimes come across as sounding sarcastic and belittling..not my intention at all
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #16
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ox don't apologize any more. It will ruin your reputation. Stay with it--you make it worthwhile to check in.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car