lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
scotto3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question 96 CC powerdrive yellow battery light

Heres where I stand with my cart,96 powerdrive 48V S/N A9635-521884.Bought it @ work on sealed bids(no idea what was wrong with it).I put new batteries in and solenoid would not click.bought new one(solenoid) and reset The OBC.(found directions in post)Solenoid would click when I turned on the key and pressed pedal.Tested continuity on the motor and had a short in field coil.Took to a electric shop and the repaired it. put back in and and nothing again, soleniod would not click.tested keyswitch continuity and bought a new one,installed and still no luck.soleniod will not click.I have 52 V across batteries.Have noticed a dark brown burnt spot on OBC computer cover,(wondering if computer is bad also)I tried to reset OBC and have no luck like prevouisly) Now at present time no solenoid click,when i turn the key on and press the pedal no click,yellow dash light comes on and flashes whenever pedal is pushed.
I have GE controller,silver 200 amp.I have not found a wiring schematic that matches what I have.I have one solenoid and the closest thing i have found has two. I posted earlier and some one thought i had a regen1 that had been converted to regen 2.
Help!!!!! IF any one has any ideas I would be happy to try anything @ This time.
scotto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 96 CC powerdrive yellow battery light

with one solenoid its not a reagan cart........try this get a 10 gage wire and some alligator clips and make yourself a 6 ft or so jumper wire.........connect one end to the small post on solenoid where the yellow wire is bolted on and than over to #6 battery neg.terminal........hook to solenoid 1st once you have jumper in place see if cart runs, if you have the yellow battery dash light chances are the OBC has been replaced at least once as that light comes with a new OBC your light would be red if it was original.....if so replace OBC.............if not post back...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:53 AM   #3
scotto3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I will try this as soon as I get home from work, do I leave the negative terminal wire on the the #6 battery when hook the jumper to it ?? And I am not sure if I have a yellow wire on the small terminal of solenoid or not, I will also check that as soon as I get there and post what wires I have connected.Do I leave wires connected to the selenoid when I jump them or unhook them and just jump off the terminal?? I mite even take some pics, I am not sure if someone has moved wires around or not(before I bought this jewel)
Thanks for your help
Old 07-22-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
scotto3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have also plugged in the charger and let it run for three or four hours, charger starts like it is supposed to.Turns on Amp meter raises to between 10-15 kicks off,starts again runs for awhile,Amps drop to about 4.I can hear the batteries bubbling and you can smell them.I am afraid to leave the batterys charge till the charger shuts off in fear of frying the batteries and they are new so you would think they would not have to charge for 8 or 12 hrs.
Thanks
Old 07-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

leave the jumper wire attached while doing this test hook to solenoid 1st than over to battery...........leave battery cables alone you don,t have to disconnect them, if the cart has new batteries they need to be broken in right as they are only 75 to 80% when new so you have to get them up to 100% and its not uncommon at all for charger to run 16 hours with new batteries as they are broken in the charge time will lesson and get to normal but this will take 12 or so complete charges i hope you didn,t effect the batteries by unplugging charger before it stops itself, its an automatic charger and will shut off when batts, are charged........................
Old 07-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
scotto3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Starting with the batteries, got them charging now, will charge till it shuts off and go from there......
Old 07-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

do you have the jumper wire connected? is that why they are charging or did charger just start working?? if jumper wire has to be attached i don,t know if the charger will shut off??........................anyone?.............. .........
Old 07-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

bypassing the solenoid lockout circuit will not effect the charging cycle. He can leave the jumper on while charging (just be aware the solenoid is "hot" and the cart will move if you hit the gas pedal and it is in gear). For safety, I personally would go ahead and remove the jumper from the battery side though.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #9
scotto3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Didn't hook up the jumper wire,thought go the route of charging the batterys and tackle the OBC bypass tommorrow.
I dont have a yellow wire on my small post on the solenoid,I have a large yellow on second post of selonoid and it goes to the controller.
I have a ALBRIGHT 200 amp Solenoid with
LARGE POST(1green,3red, 1 large red from#1 batt.)
LARGE POST(1 large yellow going to controller)
Small POST(1blue/white)
small POST(1red/white,1blue,1orange/white)
Old 07-22-2010, 09:56 PM   #10
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The albright solenoid should be marked on the small posts for + and - on the small posts. you are of course gonna hook the bypass to the - small post.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car