lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2010, 10:00 PM   #11
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Solenoid Rapid cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
OBC solenoid lock out failure? Have you tried running a jumper from the small ground post on the solenoid to the 48 volt battery pack ground?

Either that or a micro on the activation circuit is going bad......

Jumped the small ground on solenoid to negative of the battery pack fixes the problem, no cylcing. So does this mean the OBC is having issues?
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #12
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
if they are all the same square ones the black plastic, it still wouldn,t surprise me heres a short story and i kid you not this is the jest of it had a 97 reagan cart bad solenoid...............put 5 of that solenoid on the cart that were new right out of the box..........no good, had i used but i knew it was good white/rodgers on and bingo running cart.........and since that i just havn,t looked back, if you tried a W/R sorry about this but if you havn,t................ give it a try, it also sounds like your gonna need new batts? i would buy the whole set and be done with it................................................

Batts are good, no issues, may not be 100% charge but they are strong..... I'll keep that in mind, about the solenoid, but with jumping the ground to the negative of the pack, sounds like maybe an OBC since the ground wire comes from the OBC.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes if you did the jumper like rabbit posted which was what i was going to suggest next that indicates a bad OBC............when you do have to change a solenoid do yourself a favor and go with the one i mentioned you won,t regret it, as for your batts, the #,s you posted are on the low side but still have plenty in them to run the cart.............well we now know whats wrong with it and they arn,t bad to swap out its a lot lighter that the motor..........................lol................ ......good luck with it..................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #14
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It is quite possible that the OBC is failing completely, but for certian it has failed on the solenoid lockout side. I would suggest charging the cart completely to determine if it is failing on the charge side of the circuit as well. If it is allowing a full charge, you can simply make a permanent jumper wire for the ground, if the charge side of the circuit is failing as well, then I would reccommend changing the OBC completely.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #15
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
if they are all the same square ones the black plastic, it still wouldn,t surprise me heres a short story and i kid you not this is the jest of it had a 97 reagan cart bad solenoid...............put 5 of that solenoid on the cart that were new right out of the box..........no good, had i used but i knew it was good white/rodgers on and bingo running cart.........and since that i just havn,t looked back, if you tried a W/R sorry about this but if you havn,t................ give it a try, it also sounds like your gonna need new batts? i would buy the whole set and be done with it................................................
you had 5 Albright Solenoids in a row that were BAD? wow.......
Old 07-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #16
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks Guys, I'll let you know how it comes out.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #17
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

no problem, glad we could help!
Old 07-23-2010, 11:40 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Never heard of that many Albrights failing in a week Well looks like I'm not gonna get my beer If the OBC locked out the negative side of the solenoid activation circuit... where did the negative side of the activation circuit get enough neg current to click the solenoid in the first place ..... huh?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:24 AM   #19
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

rabbit, scotty, not 5 in a week i had 5 one after the other that were junk, now it could have been a bad batch or how they were stored or i don,t know anything but after that incident and the owner thinking what did i get into letting this guy touch my cart and even me 2nd guessing myself i would just rather sticks with what i know to be a good long lasting soleniod.............
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:27 AM   #20
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

After a few more tests I still believe to be OBC, disconnect power, OBC never resets, plug charger in nothing, never charges, check fuse for obc and it's good.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car