lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #11
dmac10
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 05/06 Precedent vs. Older CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03RedClub View Post
How do you reprogram any of it? Or tell which one you are currently on?
I think a dealer will have to reprogram it, not sure if an individual can, just know you have to get the #4 code from CC and that cost the $$$

You have to hook a computer up to it to be sure, but you can check your speed with a gps and that should let you know.

#2 13-14mph
#3 19.1mph
#4 20+

Sorry can't explain better, only had mine 1 month, so still learning everything that I can.
dmac10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #12
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

I thought you were saying it could go up to #3 but required a dealer to go to #4? Are you saying a dealer would need to do any of it? Anyone?
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03RedClub View Post
I thought you were saying it could go up to #3 but required a dealer to go to #4? Are you saying a dealer would need to do any of it? Anyone?
Yes.. a Dealer will need to do any of it unless you want to purchase a programmer which can cost over $500.00 Any reputable dealer won't charge you to make sure you're on code three as there is no cost involved in changing it. To go to code 4 however, the code must be ordered from Club Car and that's where the cost comes into play. It only takes about 2 minutes to do it. Different dealers charge different amounts to program it to code 4. I've seen some as low as $65.00 and some as high as $150.00

Code 1 = 8MPH
Code 2 = 12-14 MPH
Code 3 = 16 MPH
Code 4 = 19.6 MPH

If you do decide to go to the dealer and check it out here's what you want...

SPEED SETTING "4"
FAST ACCEL "ON"
PEDAL UP MODE "0" (personal preference really, I prefer 0 as there is no motor braking when pedal is released, 1 is mild and 2 is harsh)
SPEED CAL "0"
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #14
dmac10
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Yes.. a Dealer will need to do any of it unless you want to purchase a programmer which can cost over $500.00 Any reputable dealer won't charge you to make sure you're on code three as there is no cost involved in changing it. To go to code 4 however, the code must be ordered from Club Car and that's where the cost comes into play. It only takes about 2 minutes to do it. Different dealers charge different amounts to program it to code 4. I've seen some as low as $65.00 and some as high as $150.00

Code 1 = 8MPH
Code 2 = 12-14 MPH
Code 3 = 16 MPH
Code 4 = 19.6 MPH

If you do decide to go to the dealer and check it out here's what you want...

SPEED SETTING "4"
FAST ACCEL "ON"
PEDAL UP MODE "0" (personal preference really, I prefer 0 as there is no motor braking when pedal is released, 1 is mild and 2 is harsh)
SPEED CAL "0"

Tahoe You listed that code #3 is 16mph, Mine will go 19.1 mph. would that be due to the 22" tires??

Just curious, they must have left my Pedal UP Mode on 1, wish I had know to set it to 0, but htats why I'm on this site to learn.

Thanks for all the info you post, very helpful.
dmac10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac10 View Post
Tahoe You listed that code #3 is 16mph, Mine will go 19.1 mph. would that be due to the 22" tires??

Just curious, they must have left my Pedal UP Mode on 1, wish I had know to set it to 0, but htats why I'm on this site to learn.

Thanks for all the info you post, very helpful.
Yep.. You nailed it... Code 4 with your tire size would run around 22-23
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car