lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2010, 05:17 AM   #1
SteveRand
Yamahaulin' CC Rider

Mixed Breed

Default Pictures of my carts

Hello, all! I finally got around to creating an album with pics of my 96 Club Car "System 48" and a few of my Yamaha G2 - both are works in progress. I bought them from my workplace, and both were really trashed! I paid $40 for the CC, and $60 for the Yamaha.

The album should be viewable in my profile. I'm not sure if I can link it directly to this post...

Thanks to all for a fantastic forum!
SteveRand is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2010, 05:20 AM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Pictures of my carts

Nice finds you got there. They look real good for the price.

Heres a link to your album. You can also copy the image URL and post them here if you want.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...e-s-carts.html
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:33 AM   #3
buscopat
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Man those look like you got an awesome deal.
buscopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Great deal on both carts, wish I could find deals like that? On CC looks like you might need to check alignment when repairs are all done UNLESS picture only makes it seem like wheels are way out at top? Should be 1/8" to 1/4" out at top with full weight of cart on ground. 1/4" toe in.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #5
SteveRand
Yamahaulin' CC Rider

Mixed Breed

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Roady, I appreciate the info - you learn something new every day!

Old Mec, I agree with you on the alignment. Are there any adjustments for camber on these carts? The only thing I've done to the front end is replace the steering rack & pinion. Haven't set the toe yet. Everything seems nice and tight.

I work nights, usually 12-hour shifts, and this cart is a great way to fill the dead time when nothing's happening. These are certainly addictive!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:24 AM   #6
Strawhead
Future World Dictator

Columbia

Wow, Great deals!
Have a good tme with them-looks good!
Strawhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #7
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

There is a camber adjusting bolt through the center of front spring leaf. It has an offset head that you rotate ( has flattened shaft on bolt threaded end to put wrench on ) that pushes against upper spring retention plate above spring to move spring from side to side to make adjustment. You have to loosen the 4 bolts holding the heavy metal spring retention plate ( TOW PLATE ) below spring leaf and loosen the nut on spring center bolt enough so you can turn the bolt after taking tension off spring to allow turning. I use a carpenters square on ground beside tire that touches top and bottom of tire sidewall to check for adjustments.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:40 AM   #8
SteveRand
Yamahaulin' CC Rider

Mixed Breed

Thanks again, Old Mec! As soon as I get the top - and everything else - installed, I'll check out the camber.

Does anyone have an opinion on foam-filled tires? I got the cart with fairly new tires on it, and they feel really soft. When I checked the air pressure, it read zero PSI. I tried adding air, but none would go in. I checked the valve stems, and the cores are gone. They are full of rubbery foam. It's kinda like the glue that's used on some ads you get in the mail. It looks like snot!

I like the idea of no flats, but the rolling resistance is very high, and the wheel/tire assemblies are quite heavy. I wish they had put in a little more to stiffen up the tires a bit. Oh, well - it's different!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:08 AM   #9
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Without the cores in stems you wont be able to add air because core is what trips fill valve in air head, but dont know if you were able to if it would help? Great idea for hazardous area's where tires would be ruined very fast by sharp parts laying all around. If you are like most carters sooner or later you will be going with larger tires and wheel etc anyway as what tires filled with foam you have now couldn't be replaced? I see from your one note that its getting addictive already, look out as it will get worse before your bank account runs out.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:19 AM   #10
SteveRand
Yamahaulin' CC Rider

Mixed Breed

Talking Re: Pictures of my carts

If anyone's interested, I just finished an album of pics of my Yamaha G2 rebuild - also a work in progress. It's at http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...2-rebuild.html

Now, where can I find a trashed EZGO for $20 to $60? Hmmm...Not very likely, but you never know!

I love these little cars! And this site!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car