lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
bude50
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 electric clubcar makeing me bald

new batteries and obc still cant get solenoin to energize almost at witts end here
bude50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2010, 01:58 AM   #2
bude50
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2001 electric clubcar makeing me bald

i'm still trying to figure out how this web site works so ya;ll forgive me if this is being done wrong.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:50 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

So that's what's doing it !? No more club cars for me

You need a wiring diagram for the cart. They are in the stickies at the top of this section. I'll post it since you are computer challenged.
Here is a link:
http://www.studmonkeyracing.com/forums/48vregen.jpg

Basic solenoid operation and activation understanding is needed in order to trouble shoot. It may just be a bad micro-switch at the F&R?

A quick overview of the solenoid is :
The solenoid is a HD on/off switch or Contactor
the connection is made /broken between the 2 large terminals. The 2 small terminals are the activation circuit. typically one terminal will have a constant negative connection to the pack. When Positive power is applied to the second terminal the contact is drawn up against the spring to make contact. When power from either side of the activation circuit is removed then contact is released and the spring pushes it away interrupting the circuit ...It doesn't matter which terminal is neg or pos.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
bude50
Not Yet Wild

the micro switches were checked to be good cause a battery exploded near them so it was the first thing i checked for was good contact at the switches.going to do a diode check on the controllerbefore replaceing anything else.obc was costly.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:18 PM   #5
bude50
Not Yet Wild

the system still wont work even if the 2 big terminals on the sloenoid are jumped.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you have connected the 2 terminals on the solenoid together with a battery cable and the cart will not run, the solenoid is not the problem. Reason being is jumpiong the solenoid like that takes the solenoid and the solenoid activation aout of the test circuit. So, verify that you have pack voltage (48-50v) on the controller side of the solenoid when you try to go and lets go from there....
Old 10-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #7
bude50
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If you have connected the 2 terminals on the solenoid together with a battery cable and the cart will not run, the solenoid is not the problem. Reason being is jumpiong the solenoid like that takes the solenoid and the solenoid activation aout of the test circuit. So, verify that you have pack voltage (48-50v) on the controller side of the solenoid when you try to go and lets go from there....
ok that was done i have voltage every where 'm supposed to thats whats driveing me mad
Old 10-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #8
bude50
Not Yet Wild

i checked the throttle control and it has continuity and 50 volts and is functioning like its supposede to i think.there is 50 volts to solenoid there is 50 to controller. cant seem to get it to do anything but sound reverse buzzer.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Have you checked all the cables going to the motor and controller? I saw one Saturday that cooked a cable off of the motor (S1). Solenoid clicked but no go....
Old 10-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #10
bude50
Not Yet Wild

i thought i had the diode test diagram for the series controller but i dont so i have no idea how to test the doides in this controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car