lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #21
dino1028
Getting Wild

Default Re: Help

The micro switch in the v glide sounds like it is clicking do i have to take apart to check it for sure???
dino1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2011, 11:57 PM   #22
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

I found this testing procedure for testing the activation circuit in a post by TahoeDawg.
"Ok here we go...... The problem may not be with the solenoid, but with the activation circuit of the solenoid... Get a multimeter and put it on DC200V and let's begin.... Put the negative lead on the small yellow post of the solenoid and the positive lead on the large red post of the solenoid. You should see full battery voltage. If not, the OBC is not grounding the solenoid and it is either not properly hooked up, or it's bad. If you do see voltage here, let's proceed... Take the red lead of the multimeter and put it on the other small post, opposite the yellow wire. Put the negative lead on the B- Post of the controller (The one with the black OBC wire) Get someone to help you while you hold the leads in place. Put the car in forward or reverse, turn on the key, and depress the pedal. As soon as the pedal micro clicks, you should see full battery voltage. If you do... Replace solenoid, If you don't you're going to have to find out what is broken in this circuit. It's either A. Bad keyswitch, B. Bad pedal Microswitch, C. Bad F&R Switch Microswitch, or D. A broken wire somewhere in the circuit."

If it is not the OBC I would check for electrical continuity throughout the activation circuit. I think micro switches can click and still be bad.
jedotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:48 AM   #23
dino1028
Getting Wild

What is OBC
Old 03-24-2011, 07:58 AM   #24
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

OBC (on board computer) I'm not sure what all it does but main function is controlling the battery charging and supplying negative input to the activation circuit of the solenoid.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:08 AM   #25
dino1028
Getting Wild

thanks i will check that this afternoon
Old 03-24-2011, 08:25 AM   #26
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is a picture of my cart with the body off. I drew a red square around the OBC so you can see where it is located in the cart (click on the picture to enlarge it the sqaure I drew is hard to see in the little picture). You will only need to know where it is if it tests bad and you have to replace it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart 032.jpg (101.6 KB, 20 views)
Old 03-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #27
dino1028
Getting Wild

Had 44.6 on the yellow post to red big post. On big yellow post to other small post it had a negative reading until I pushed the pedal then it went to 44.6 but my batts need to be charged so that's y I think it wasn't 48 so what next
Old 03-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #28
dino1028
Getting Wild

Ps. Solenoid didnt click
Old 03-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #29
dino1028
Getting Wild

Sure the solenoid is wired right would u happen to have a pick of how it should be?? How do you tell what is positive and negative on it or does it not matter until you hook it up???
Old 03-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #30
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you did that second test correctly, your result is indicating bad solenoid. You never said what solenoid you used when you replaced the original one. You did get a golf cart solenoid and not an automotive one, correct? An automotive one will not work. Post the make and model of the solenoid. I'll take a pic of mine and upload when I get home tonight. Also did you ever get the diode?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car