lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
Drifter
Not Yet Wild

Default Best cart CC or ezgo...?

What is the best cart out there? Im looking for reliability easy to work on cheap..parts etc? Mods in the future also.
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
joe100
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Best cart CC or ezgo...?

I like the CC. I also have a Yami, If I were you I think a EZ Go cause you can weld on the steel frame easly and a lot of parts. Good luck JOE
joe100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
DBlom
Not Yet Wild

I'm in Florida, where the all-aluminum I-beam chassis of the CC up thru '03 is just the ticket for corrosion avoidance. It is tougher to weld (gotta make sure what you're welding to is cleaned up with grinder/wire wheel) but will not rust.
DBlom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Depends on what forum you post in! I like the CC frames and a series cart is easier to work on then a regen.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i like C.C,s but some of them are just damm hard to diagose............
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
wildbillw
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have both - a 1986 CC and a 1999 EZGO. Both are essentially stock with no modifications. (I have replaced a lot of parts!!) The CC has greater torque and will climb the hills around here - I use both for hunting transportation. The EZGO will also climb but slows much more.
wildbillw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #7
Drifter
Not Yet Wild

Wild Bill, i think you answered my question. I like power! Im in fla and the aluminum frame is a plus! I have looked at a few rusty ezs. The local CC dealer is a great guy, the ezgo dealer...well to be nice is a total Arsehole!!

So my search is on for an ibeam DS 1996-2003 48 Volt cart....then the farkles begin...

Thanks to all that provided info to the question!
Old 05-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #8
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

It basically comes down to personal preference and what you can afford.No-one can argue that the Ez-Go is the cheapest to lift,5" kit= 22's for anywhere from $60-$130 depending where you buy it.They all have plus/minus so the end decision is yours.The corrosion seems to be a bigger problem in the south,We have Ez-Gos' here that sit out on grass year-round and still look good after 10yrs.,and its' damp here a good part of the year.And to add a 2-stroke Marathon will climb trees when done right!!!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #9
Drifter
Not Yet Wild

Agreed, there are positives and negatives about both carts. I want an electric cart, my first step into the future to be....everything i have learned so far is move volts the better. I plan to swap the motor soon after i buy it along with a few other mods.

Yep, frames here rust from the inside out, same applies to cars and trucks, i bought a beautifull 56 ford truck once drove it 2 months and the frame broke in half from rust looked good on the outside? EZGOs do the samething here?

I must admit the dealer helped with my decision to go with a CC...both of them!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car