lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Default Where to mount speakers on 2003 CC DS?

Working on a little project when I am wiring up my iPhone/iPod for use in the 2003 Club Car DS, however I am struggling with speaker location.

I have 2 Kicker DS40's which are 4" in speakers that need a 3-3/4" hole for mounting. I'd like to put them on the panel which contains the F/N/R & charging port but there is not enough room to cut out both holes the way the DS battery bay is designed. The speakers need 2" of room once mounted.

Thought about these locations but don't know how either would look. If I go with the black motor/controller cover it's easy/cheap to replace if I don't like it... back fender locations, once cut no going back without another body kit.

Anyone have any suggestions, pic's, or advice? Please?!?

Thanks
TheAspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
drick67
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Where to mount speakers on 2003 CC DS?

I have the same dilemma on my DS, I found some poly planar marine box speakers that I plan to mount to the bars in between my front and rear seat, it will be a clean install and not have to cut any holes in my body or inspection plate, plus they are well known for their water resistance. I need to do the final measurements when I get home to make sure they will work.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=10335
drick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

have you thought about one of those setup so you can mount them roof high? they sell a console you can put speakers in that you would mount right above you in front or behind you........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
have you thought about one of those setup so you can mount them roof high? they sell a console you can put speakers in that you would mount right above you in front or behind you........................
Looked at these but don't need the stereo/receiver for my particular setup. I also don't know if I like the look of it, would have to see one in person or close up to tell.

It's pretty bad that all I have been thinking about today is where to mount speakers... on a golf cart! I need to get a life.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #5
Dale M
Getting Wild

Quite sure I saw a mounting box available to fit into the dash area. Check the site sponsors online catalogs, think that's where I saw it when I considered all the misc options/upgrades I was wanting to make to my 87 CC DS.
Dale M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

its called being addicted worse than drugs........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #7
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by drick67 View Post
I have the same dilemma on my DS, I found some poly planar marine box speakers that I plan to mount to the bars in between my front and rear seat, it will be a clean install and not have to cut any holes in my body or inspection plate, plus they are well known for their water resistance. I need to do the final measurements when I get home to make sure they will work.

Thanks for the idea. At first I was unsure about this but I searched around and found some others with similar setups, saw someone with Bose 151's mounted on the roof strut bars. Might look further into this. What are you planning for your source? In dash receiver or something custom?

I am also looking at relocating my charge port which would allow enough room to mount the speakers, but don't know where to move it. Back to over thinking this again!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #8
drick67
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have done the same thing, comtemplated over and over, I am going to use a JVC head unit without an amp, it puts out plenty of power for my needs, I decided that I would put my money in performance upgrades and have just enough stereo to sound decent, of course, every time I plan to do something reasonable, the plan changes, but I will stick with that plan for now, I just hope those speakers fit, if not, back to the drawing board!
drick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #9
BayouTiger
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I had the same problem. I went with box speakers mounted under the dash where the cup holders usually are and also mounted 2 boxed speakers beneath and between the front and rear seat backs. I will post pics of the speakers and where they are mounted tomorrow when I can take a few.
BayouTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car