lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2015, 10:20 PM   #1
Nutech Jewelzz
Not Yet Wild

Post my golf&country by western cart has no numbers on it. need parts etc.

I have this cart that has the name Golf & Country by Western on both sides behind the seats but I can't find any numbers on it any where. I am having an electrical problem and cant figure out anything with out the year and model or VIN etc. I found the serial number of the motor along with 2 part numbers on the tag that came off while looking for any sort of numbers on cross member , etc. I also found a serial number on the LESTER MATIC MOTIVE POWER CHARGER that came with it. But other than that I am stuck! I can post pictures of it if that might help. , , This is what I am doing because of this problem , any suggestions are welcomed! thanks
Nutech Jewelzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2015, 02:13 AM   #2
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: my golf&country by western cart has no numbers on it. need parts etc.

Take some pics of the battery compartment, also there might be serial numbers on the right side of the frame in the battery compartment.
They are built on the ezgo frame, the company is in Palm Springs
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:13 PM   #3
Nutech Jewelzz
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Re: my golf&country by western cart has no numbers on it. need parts etc.

I took some pictures and here they are. I also looked right side frame in battery compartment and saw nothing. I am really getting frustrated.

100_0691.jpg

100_0686.jpg

100_0689.jpg

100_0692.jpg

100_0688.jpg any suggestions guesses anything? i really need a wiring schematic.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:41 PM   #4
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Default Re: my golf&country by western cart has no numbers on it. need parts etc.

That Western is the kind that were build on the 1988-older EZGO Marathon frames
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:45 PM   #5
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Looks like a good time to order a Upgrade controller pkg from ScottyB.
Go from resister cart to electronic control??
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:06 PM   #6
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

it's a resistor cart looks just like my 87 did, except mine had 6 6volt batteries.
Looks like your running 3 12s.
look at the frame rail to the left of the left battery in the pic, there should be a serial # there you might have to remove that battery to see it
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:24 PM   #7
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Looks like battery back up style batteries... not golf cart batts. Probably not suitable for cart use.

might be part of problem---

Get batt. type -- JohnnieB can probably tell if they are suitable for golf cart
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:30 PM   #8
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

The number is stamped in the metal curved part, passenger side , between the batteries. Its in your picture, get a flashlite and shine it on that black painted metal in your picture.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:27 PM   #9
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Contact the following for info from your 'found' model number.

Mike Jameson mike.jamison@lidomotorsusa.com. Lido Motors is now the home of Western Golf Carts. Google Lido Motors for more info. The number you find on the frame, passenger side in my Western Golf&Country, will tell you the following; Model #, month/year of manufacture, and provide a Production #, last 5 digits on my cart which can provide additional info like paint color, etc. Go to EZGO stickies for all the pertinent manual info you will need for repair, maint., electrical., etc., etc. Charge!
rbuggies48IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:47 PM   #10
Nutech Jewelzz
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much!! I just went out with my flash light and found a number. ( under about an 1/4 inch of grime) haha your awesome. now I just have to find out what the number tells me about the cart.

Tags
batteries, electric diagram, golf & country, western golf cart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO