lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2015, 06:32 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 38.1V on day 3

Looks like a nice enough place to reload to me . But, what are they doing on that tv over there? With the access you have to the cart, you should have no problem checking in once in a while, just dont let the stack on the back migrate to cover the front seat (outta sight, outta mind).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2015, 08:38 PM   #12
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

That is the LPGA
if ur gonna watch golf it might as well be the ladies :)
Yeah that the camping stove and box of cat food and the sawalls from chopping the top :) and the Lowes bag lol
Gr8hntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:21 AM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I have the "migration" problem, but no "lpga" problem..closest to a golf course i have "officially" been is the driving range. (setting up a club's fleet carts on delivery doesnt really count, i had no fun). The other stuff is best left in the past.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:42 PM   #14
g.schucks
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great white north View Post
I think you are asking for trouble ... If you do not get a charger with a float option .. Eventually human error wins and you let the voltage on pack get too low .. Invest into a good charger like a DPI Accusense .. And plug it in and forget about it till fall ... Prob check once a month for water level .. And that's it
I have been told before that it is not a good idea to just plug in the charger and leave it. Was that incorrect?

g.schucks
g.schucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:22 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.schucks View Post
I have been told before that it is not a good idea to just plug in the charger and leave it. Was that incorrect?

g.schucks
It depends on the charger, but with little exception, it does no harm to leave the charger plugged into the cart and with some chargers, the only way to get the full benefits from the charger is to have it plugged into the cart all the time the carts is not actually being used.

The exception is a class of chargers known as trickle chargers. Some of them put out a constant current without regard to voltage and ones that "Trickle" more than about 2A or so, can eventually overcharge a battery when left unattended for an extended length of time. However, most lead-acid batteries can tolerate a C/100 charge rate (AH capacity divided by 100) almost indefinitely, so a 2A trickle charger probably won't damage a FLA battery whose AH rating is above 200AH.

On the other hand, float chargers maintain a constant voltage that is above the At-Rest voltage, but below the gassing voltage, by adjusting the output current to offset the self-discharge rate of the batteries, plus any parasitic load. In a nutshell, it maintains your battery pack at 100% SoC, until the charger is disconnected.

Chargers such as the DPI Accusense go into a float charge mode after the regular charge cycle finishes and are designed to be plugged into cart whenever the cart is not in use.

Many (Most?) of the legacy chargers (ferroresonant transformer type) turn completely off when the charge cycle finishes, so it really doesn't matter much if they are left plugged in or not.

Some chargers have, or at least claim to have, a maintenance cycle that initiates a new charge cycle when the pack voltage drops to a preselected voltage, or after a number of days have passed, or both. With those chargers, leaving them plugged in is the only way those features will work.

However, no matter what type charger is used, it is a good idea to check the batteries periodically while the cart is in storage.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:37 PM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Hey......I don't see a progressive press on that bench!! That can only mean one thing! Your not shooting enough!!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:35 PM   #17
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Haha
just a single stage ... just a deer hunter wantin max speed and accuracy. .. I trickle charge each brass to be exactly 106.5 gr of retumbo and getting a .648 group at 100 yards with 3370fps :)
Old 06-12-2015, 06:22 PM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

106gr. Man.....that's a back up the dump truck and just empty it. What you loading? 338-sumpin? 7-mm ultra sumpin? 'Cause that isn't a 32 special.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:03 PM   #19
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

LOL I.m still using an old RCBS Jr and a MEC 600 for shotshells since the mid 70s
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 09:30 PM   #20
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

weatherby mark V 30-378
180gn nosler BT @ 3370 fps :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO