lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2015, 05:05 PM   #11
bulls74
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: adding batterys

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdude96 View Post
well my batteries aren't even a year old I just wanna add more batteries to what I have to make more power . I have a 500amp controller beefed up F&R and I added/doubled up all my wires to the system . so I just want to add more batteries for more juice so I was just checking
sounds like you're already set up to add more juice! i'm light years behind ya man. hoping santa will stop by Cartsunlimited for me on his way from the North Pole this year...
bulls74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2015, 05:23 PM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The reason I said what I did about age is that I know of folks that think that they will just replace some of their batteries every couple years rather than bite the bullet and replace the set when it need replacing. This is not good for the new batteries and in the long run it will cost you more.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:50 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
The reason I said what I did about age is that I know of folks that think that they will just replace some of their batteries every couple years rather than bite the bullet and replace the set when it need replacing. This is not good for the new batteries and in the long run it will cost you more.
And that is very true - I remember a very disappointed member who bought a new battery every 2-3 months and replace the pack over the course of a year or so... when he got done he was very disappointed to find his new pack only had 85% capacity on a full charge because the first replacements had been getting COOKED for a year while they waited for older slower batteries to recharge.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:41 PM   #14
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdude96 View Post
I have a 2004 ezgo series 36v system 6 6volt battery I was thinking about adding more batteries to my system.
The easiest and most cost effective method is to add two more 6v batteries matching the ones you have to the string for 48v operation. I have a fool proof plan to do this in stages, and anyone who can post in a thread can do it.

Interested?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:33 PM   #15
fifty2pks
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm currently adding 2 batteries to my 93 Marathon to make it 48 volts. I thought about swapping out two 6v batteries to 12v to save on space. After checking a few posts on this forum I realized that wasn't a very good option. Upgrading all the batteries to 8v wasn't as cost effective either. At first I was nervous about putting 2 extra batteries in the bagwell. After a neighbor called my cart an ez slow(he has a club car) I was determined built a tray to support the extra weight. I'm still waiting to buy the new controller and charger but will post results then I do.
fifty2pks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:49 PM   #16
fifty2pks
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I should mention I'm adding 2 reconditioned batteries. My original six are good but I'm not sure how old they are. So since I didn't have cores to swap with either way reconditioned seemed the best option.
fifty2pks is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO