lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2015, 01:14 PM   #21
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

Default Re: My first FULL "Sparky" Project ... Some help definitely needed

Brew - I'm telling the gasser guys that you're over here.
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2015, 01:38 PM   #22
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Oh, Scotty - after our conversation my brain has been spinning, LOL ... I'm going to shoot You an Email with some more ideas I have, we'll get this figured out yet :)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:06 PM   #23
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Well the million dollar question NOW is whether or not Scotty can get his hands on an XCT400 for me ... If so, I'm going 42V with the XCT package and 20" 205/30-14's short-term, with a motor and gear upgrade in the sights over the winter (here in WI this time of year, I will likely find this to be my last "for fun" project of the season) ... Cart runs out great, everything is in order and ready to go, NOW it's the "Hurry Up and Wait" portion of the build *sigh* ...

On the upside, I'm stealing the shoes from a G22 build I did last summer and never really got around to finishing *which* allows me to justify a Long-Travel kit and some new Wheels for her, too ... With some help from Don Plowman she runs out all day at 36mph now on the little 20's, climbs like Spiderman - jumping her to 23's should hopefully net me a fun, useable balance :)

IF bychance I can't get my hands on an XCT, has anyone got an opinion on the DCX series controllers? The price is right, but I'm not sure about the programmability or overall performance as compared to the XCT - anybody have experience with both?
Old 10-09-2015, 03:16 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

For everybody's benefit I'll post here what I sent you in the email.

Sorry it took all morning to get an answer on the XCT.
XCT for this cart (DCS) not available in 400 or 500 at this time. No delivery date either.
I have the DCX 400 and 500. They are the older technology.
The DCX is harder to program and they have a few less bells and whistles most of which pertain to regen braking and RPM monitoring which is not available in this cart. These controls come preprogrammed for max speed and torque so most people never re-program.

Lets go with the 500 for future upgrades. I can turn it down to 400 for the stock motor.
And use kit #11 in 2g. That's all you need for now
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:12 PM   #25
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Cool, Cool, Cool - looks like the plan is coming together !!! Ordered the 500A controller and Solenoid from ScottyB, the 2 Gauge cables are ready I just need to pick them up later tonight, brand new battery pack is installed, have to do the minor suspension stuff and get the 20"s on there tomorrow AM - and hopefully get the plan together with Plum Quick on either the Assasin or Executioner upgrade ...

"Just a couple of tweaks" as they say ....
Old 10-12-2015, 06:42 PM   #26
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Scottyb and Carts Unlimited will take good care of you.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:19 PM   #27
alwaysinagm
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Cool, Cool, Cool - looks like the plan is coming together !!! Ordered the 500A controller and Solenoid from ScottyB, the 2 Gauge cables are ready I just need to pick them up later tonight, brand new battery pack is installed, have to do the minor suspension stuff and get the 20"s on there tomorrow AM - and hopefully get the plan together with Plum Quick on either the Assasin or Executioner upgrade ...

"Just a couple of tweaks" as they say ....
I called Plumquick about a month or so ago for an Assassin or Executioner (the wife finally burned up the Bandit) and they flat out told me they weren't taking any new orders on anything but stock motors. I picked up a D&D 7651 instead. I'm probably better off, judging by what I've read before and after buying it. ScottyB can hook you up with a D&D as well! I screwed up and ordered from somewhere else before I realized ScottyB was a D&D dealer. Would have rather gave him the money.
alwaysinagm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:41 AM   #28
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Well the project should be underway this week, Thanks to Scotty for the controller and Solenoid package in such a FAST manner !!!! I have the lift components ready, and the 8:1 gears are due sometime either Monday or Tuesday (hopefully I can get it all together and driveable by Tues night, they're calling for rain so I can possibly ditch the last-minute seasonal yardwork, new barn, etc and get some "Cart Time") ...

All things considered, for now I have set my goals at 25+ mph - if I can break 25 I'll be happy with this phase of the project. I have a buddy who wants me to put new batteries in his EZGO for him soon, if he can scratch up the $$ I'm going to put my new 36v battery pack in his cart for him and go pop for a 48V set, then of course a new charger and the project can move forward from there IE new motor, etc ...

BOY these sparkies ain't cheap, but it's still pretty cool to hear nothing when You roll out, hahahahahaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO