lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2015, 02:30 PM   #1
resqbee
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 98 txt

I have a 98 TXT and I want more speed. Suggestions? I do not have a tow haul switch so I can not chip it as far as i know.
resqbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2015, 02:58 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 txt

Sounds like you have a series drive.

If so, you have three options:

1. Numerical lower the final drive ratio.
a. Taller tires.
b. Change gears in differential.

2. Up the battery pack Voltage to 42V or 48V.

3. install a High-Speed motor.

Option-1 decreases torque, so you'll probably want to install a higher amp controller to compensate, but that only increases torque at the lower end.

Option-3 typically lowers torque, but there are motors that increase speed while more or less retaining stock torque. Also, higher performance motors (both High-speed and high-torque types) tend to perform better with nigher ampacity controllers.

Option-2 increase both speed and torque throughout the motor's RPM spectrum, and will require a controller, solenoid and battery charger that is compatible with the new pack voltage.

Basically, speed cost money. How fast do you want to go?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 05:32 PM   #3
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine is a 98 series. 36 volt, 400 amp controller, HD forward and reverse switch, HD solenoid, EMP built, 2 speed motor. It got rid of the very anemic 12 mph and replaced it with a fair 22, (avg), mph. My tires are only slightly taller than stock. I'm sure a taller tire would increase the final speed.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:30 PM   #4
jdixon0631
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So I Have a spm48400 with hd solenoid and stock motor. I get 18 to 22 mph on flat ground. Should I be happy with that. If I go to 48v how much speed can I pick up.
jdixon0631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:38 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdixon0631 View Post
So I Have a spm48400 with hd solenoid and stock motor. I get 18 to 22 mph on flat ground. Should I be happy with that. If I go to 48v how much speed can I pick up.
If you are at 36v now, and everything else stays as it is now (motor, tire size), expect 33% more speed & torque. The stock/what you have now motor can handle 48v fine.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO