lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2016, 04:53 AM   #11
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: best batterys for a new set

The rangers are suppose to be top of the line but pricey. Not many in my area carry them and some have never heard of them but can get them.
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2016, 09:17 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelnsniper View Post
Thanks all. I was also curious if going up to say the T890s would be worth the extra. Thanks all
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelnsniper View Post
Thank all. The guy I bought my cart from is suggesting the new trojan Rangers. Bang for the buck and long life. Thoughts? Thanks in advance
Since you had TV-8 batteries, any of the other 8V Trojan batteries will give you a greater driving range on a single charge, and all of them will have a greater lifespan than the TV-8, however the higher Amp-Hour batteries tend to cost more per AH, so figuring out the best bang for the buck gets a bit complicated.

The attached chart may help. It shows the relative difference in range as well as the relative lifespan based on the same usage in the same cart.

I used the 5Hr rate for the AH since it more closely reflects real life golf cart usage than the 20Hr rate and I used the T-875 as the baseline for comparisons since it it is more or less the standard sized used.

To find the best bang for the buck, divide the total battery pack cost by the projected lifespan in months to get the relative cost per month for that model battery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8V Trojan Batteries.jpg (139.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:06 PM   #13
wheelnsniper
Getting Wild

Yeah I see your point. Thanks for the info. Gives me a little bit to think on
wheelnsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO