lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2016, 09:52 AM   #1
TGJR
Gone Wild

Default Is this a PDS or Series cart?

It is a 2010 TXT 48V. I was told by one EZGO dealer that the newer series carts were upgraded to 48v and include the F/R switch like the PDS carts but they are still series. Is this correct?

The cart will be lifted with larger tires and a rear seat added to carry a family to and from the beach from a few blocks away. I would like to go with a series cart but they are apparently getting hard to find. If this is a PDS cart, will a controller, solenoid and wiring upgrade be all that is needed to make it a good, reliable cart for them?

TGJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2016, 10:03 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Is this a PDS or Series cart?

That is a PDS Precision Drive Systems
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:03 AM   #3
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Looks like a 48V TXT with a curtis 1206HB controller. (some call this a 48V PDS i guess) but def. NOT a series.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:25 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

EZGO calls the Curtis 1206HB controller found in a 48V TXT, a TCT (Tru Course Technology) controller, but is commonly referred to as a 48V PDS.

Upgrading to an Alltrax XCT48400-TXT-48 (or larger) controller, a 200A (or larger) solenoid and 4Ga high current cables (or thicker) will be needed to offset the reduction in performance caused by installing taller tires.

If the tires are going to be taller than 22" or the low pressure type, go bigger on the controller and solenoid and thicker on the cables, plus replace the stock motor with a more robust one.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:39 AM   #5
TGJR
Gone Wild

Thanks. I couldn't find an answer anywhere about newer 48v TXT series carts coming with an option for the F/R toggle switch.

The tires they are going with are 22/11-10 Carlisle All Trail tires. Will these tires require a motor upgrade for beach use?
Old 05-16-2016, 11:09 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGJR View Post
Thanks. I couldn't find an answer anywhere about newer 48v TXT series carts coming with an option for the F/R toggle switch.

The tires they are going with are 22/11-10 Carlisle All Trail tires. Will these tires require a motor upgrade for beach use?
Here are the Parts and Service manuals for a TXT-48V. No series carts shown.

Those are high pressure tires, but they do weigh 10 pounds more (per tire) than stock tires, so there will be more mass to turn as well as the 18% torque loss due to the effective gear ratio change due to being 4" taller.

The stock motor will probably do okay, but if it goes, don't replace it with a stock motor. Go with something that produces more torque.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 48 TXT Parts Manual.pdf (8.02 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf electric txt 48v, 2010, 614279-RM.pdf (4.28 MB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:43 PM   #7
TGJR
Gone Wild

Thanks!

I ended up picking up the 2010 TXT 48v as well as a 2008 PDS. Assuming both carts are in pretty much the same condition, is one better than the other to build for a lifted beach shuttle?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO