lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #11
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Positive traction

Stuck it in a priority mail medium box for $14. Don said just spray it off with brake cleaner and wrap it with newspaper. I had a piece of foam from a computer shipping carton, so I used that as a base, rolled cardboard from a torn up box to brace around the edges, and then folded more cardboard on top. It was pretty sturdy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2017, 07:59 PM   #12
Snuffy1757
Getting Wild

Boy I wish you would have posted pics of you removing it.
Snuffy1757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:33 PM   #13
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No need. TerryH did it in 2011 when he changed out the gears in one of his carts. An incredibly well documented photo rich thread, located here

A lot of banter in the thread, but post 27-30, 80,103, 119 & 120 have the meat and the pictures of the assembly and disassembly. It's what I used, only I haven't started the reassembly just yet. Disassembly was flawless following his directions and pics, except my "freeze plugs" or "end caps" were corroded onto the case and I had to destroy them to get them out.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:15 AM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Don't "Silicone" & reuse those plug caps on the intermediate shaft, they will leak. Available easy... "Jh7-g3396-01". Yeah, I know it's a yamaha part number, but the Dana axle is the same . punch it into your search engine, I think genuine parts are easier to find by yamaha numbers (at good prices for "real" parts). Same axles, not China knock-off parts. Ezgo & Yamaha used same dana axle source.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:10 AM   #15
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There is no way I could reuse these guys. I literally had to cut them into pieces. But I do have two brand-new ones. One question, do they go in with the cup facing in or the cup facing out? There was one of each in mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2017, 01:52 PM   #16
cgtech

Yamaha

Cup facing in.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:16 PM   #17
Snuffy1757
Getting Wild

Please give us an honest review of Plowmans Positive Traction. I've had people tell me a golf cart is not designed for positive traction.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:25 PM   #18
cgtech

Yamaha

Only problem I see is a slightly increased risk of rollover. Here's why, when you are getting close to tipping over, the inside wheel looses traction & spins, preventing further gains in speed. With a posi, you will continue to gain speed, increasing the chance of tipping.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:18 PM   #19
Snuffy1757
Getting Wild

I was talking to a golf cart mechanic about positive traction. His concern was a cart is designed to be used on a golf course. He's opinion was your asking for more breakdowns and a bigger chance of part failures. My thinking as a deer hunter is it would take some bad stuff to get it stuck with positive traction. Not to mention it would climb a tree.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:06 PM   #20
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

As a farmer, wouldn't be without it! I have NO patience for "one leggers". Probably not much of an issue for you southern boys, but it does have a tendency to understeer somewhat on ice or deep snow but at least you are moving!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO