lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2017, 07:53 AM   #31
ajandres33
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club car 48volt won't move

I haven't checked the wire, so I need to check the small activation wire with the pedal pressed? The story of the cart is... I got it for a steal, guy told me the charger quit and wouldn't charge anymore so it sat and he bought a new one. He is a doctor. So it sat up almost 2 years and now I have it.
ajandres33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2017, 08:06 AM   #32
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was guessing it was another one of those "it just needs batteries" type of deals.

Forewarning, the Regen-1 and Regen-2 carts have a real bad track record when it comes to developing multiple and terminal issues.

Make sure you get consistent +48v on the solenoid blue wire (positive) where the stripped end of the diode is connected, pedal up or down.

Measure the voltage from the solenoid small post with the blue/white stripe wire, the black meter probe on the solenoid post and the red probe on pack positive.

If You don't get +48v when the pedal is pressed, measure the voltage on controller pin #3 (green/white wire), meter black probe on pack negative, You should get +48v when the pedal is pressed.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:09 PM   #33
ajandres33
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ok just got home and checked the cart out, this is my findings....

I do have a consistent 48 volts on the blue wire

The blue and whit striped wire I put my negative clamp on it and I touched my positive probe to the positive side and I did not get 48 volts, so i went to pin 3 the green/white wire and probe it and grounded negative with the petal pushed I had 48 volts.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:24 PM   #34
ajandres33
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Do I need to hook the blue wire back up and repair the other??
Old 10-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #35
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The OBC by-pass (blue wire spliced into white wire) needs to be in place or the cart will definitely not work.

Assuming the FNR was not on Neutral, since the controller is getting the pedal signal and not activating the low side of the solenoid, it looks like the controller is bad.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #36
ajandres33
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you Sergio for all the help it has much been appreciated. Now when it comes to ordering a new controller should I get anything special or different? I am new to the controllers. My other club car is a resistor cart
Old 10-22-2017, 06:55 PM   #37
ajandres33
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am borrowing a charger for this cart is a basic 48 volt 5amp charger. Now that I have a bad controller, OBC and need to get a charger. How and what should I do to get this cart going?
Old 10-22-2017, 09:16 PM   #38
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Run both the 10ga black negative cable from the back of the charger receptacle and the gray "sense" wire directly to the pack negative battery post.

That will allow you to plug the original Powerdrive charger and give your batteries some charge.

The charger will not come OFF by itself, so You will need to monitor the pack voltage and unplug the charger once the pack is above +58v.

There are a few members that have recently done the conversion from Regen-2 or are in the process of doing it right now, hopefully they will share their first hand experience.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car