lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2018, 11:14 AM   #11
mlanierjr
Getting Wild

Default Re: DPI Accusense charger DIP settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
While Trojan makes a T875-AGM model, the T-875 is flooded.

So dpi told you their mode 4 is for AGM batteries?

That mode 6 (355-425AH) does not seem to make sense for a 190AH battery, but then again those modes don't mean much for individual batteries.
here is the whole email minus the reps name

Quote:
Greetings! This is XXXX with DPI. Looking into what kind of battery you have and comparing it to our list, you’d probably be better off using mode 6 (00101), as this is the setting we recommend for deep cycle flooded Trojan Batteries (The T-875 is an AGM battery).

If you’re looking at the charger from the front, the DIP switches should be aligned vertically, meaning 1 is to the right and 0 is to the left. The LEDs should flash a corresponding number of times to the MODE selected.

Hope this helps!
Note I referenced http://www.dpipower.com/store/index....cal-questions/

which shows
Quote:
12 8 Trojan T875 AGM AGM 130-170AH 2.400V 0 1 0 1 1
I did not not notice the AGM. The reference page for their battery charger, nor the manual that came with it, apparently does not list a charge setting for a T875 or T890. Go figure.

rngilliland pointed out my error a few posts up. My T890's are indeed flooded.
mlanierjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2018, 12:09 PM   #12
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

I too asked and this is what I got...

This is XXXX with DPI. In regards to the DIP settings for the Trojan T875 Batteries, the proper settings should be Mode 12, which has the second, fourth, and fifth DIP switches to the right, and all others to the left. I hope this is helpful, and that you’re having a great day!
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:12 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I wonder if they have something messed up in their database and are confusing an T-875 with a T875-AGM battery.

Any dealers or dpi spokesperson care to confirm the settings?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:50 PM   #14
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

I fired off another email asking for clarification and also asked if there was a PDF or online source for all the pertinent settings for ALL the different manufacturers and battery models. Stay tuned.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:27 PM   #15
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Latest from DPI Warrranty Department :

Ah, We didn’t have documentation for a flooded version of T875, my apologies. For the flooded version, I’d suggest Mode 6 (switches 3 and 5 to the right). And this should bear for the T-890 as well, as that seems to be the standard setting for Flooded Trojan batteries. We do have an extensive list under the technical section on our website, should you wish to find settings for other makes.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:41 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well at least you got the correct setting for the T-875 Flooded (mode=6).

I am not sure about the comment: "as that seems to be the standard setting for Flooded Trojan batteries"...

Modes: 4,5,6 are all for Trojan Flooded batteries with different AH ratings.

Mode 6 lists an AH range starting a twice the AH of a T-875 Flooded.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:44 PM   #17
mlanierjr
Getting Wild

http://www.dpipower.com/store/index....cal-questions/
does show mode 6 for Trojan T-605's and several other flooded Trojan batteries. You would think they would list it something as popular as a T-875.T-890's are not as popular, at least that is what my dealer said. Other flooded Trojans are shown using mode 4 and 5. Since we were both told mode 6, I believe I will try that unless we receive some different information. With 32 modes to choose from I just wanted to be sure I selected the correct one.
Thanks for your responses
Old 03-05-2018, 01:49 PM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It does appear the website has more granular detail than the manual for the Gen IV.

I understand there are other minor differences between the modes that have to do with maximum times for each phase of the charging algorithm.

Since so many folks here seem to like the old "float" mode of the Gen III DPI, did they tell either one of You which of those settings (if any) go into "Maintenance Mode".

I seem to remember they changed their vocabulary as far as what "float" means.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:24 PM   #19
mlanierjr
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
It does appear the website has more granular detail than the manual for the Gen IV.
There a link to that page in the manual
I understand there are other minor differences between the modes that have to do with maximum times for each phase of the charging algorithm.

Since so many folks here seem to like the old "float" mode of the Gen III DPI, did they tell either one of You which of those settings (if any) go into "Maintenance Mode".
They did not tell, but I didn't know to ask. I don't know much about various makes and models of chargers or their particulars. Many here that sell and work on a lot of different models recommended the Accusense so that's what I bought.
I seem to remember they changed their vocabulary as far as what "float" means.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:10 PM   #20
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is an update about which mode to use for your batteries. It was packed as an addendum to the instructions. It's now recommending mode 4. Which makes sense if you look at mode 4 specs on the web site.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AccuSense Quick Start p1.pdf (903.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf AccuSense Quick Start p2.pdf (924.6 KB, 0 views)
WalterM6 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
accusense, charger, dpi, settings
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car