lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2018, 12:25 PM   #21
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Acquisition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDad View Post
This would make a good PV storage pack.
Yes it would!
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2018, 12:27 PM   #22
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
AND, unlike eBay, you got 2018 with only a month or so use.
Mfr date code on the modules is April, so yea, very new!
Old 06-08-2018, 12:47 PM   #23
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I had no help today, and that last 12 module pack with its mounting frames and compression hardware weighs in around 300 Lbs. I managed to pry it up and out of the locating pins using prybars between the frame and the bottom tray sides. I stacked boards to support it from beneath, until I brought it high enough to clear everything. I spun it around to align in the center so I can dismantle it. I took a picture before I did that. I put a 3/4" thick particle board shelf under it to protect the module sides from being damaged by all those threaded studs that stick up along both sides of center. I already loosened the tensioning rods, removed the terminal screws, and removed the plastic tray from the terminal end of all of the modules. Next will be to remove the rods and carry the modules inside. I just came in to cool off for a bit. Photos added. Two, one from each end showing the pack turned part of the way. One of the pack aligned with center. After I removed the tension rods, I stacked the modules and took 2 photos of the stack. Back inside cooling off, will carry them inside soon. A storm is coming, need to get done soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front 12 Modules Turned 1.jpg (81.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Front 12 Modules Turned 2.jpg (61.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Front 12 Modules Aligned Center.jpg (47.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Front 12 Modules Stacked 1.jpg (41.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Front 12 Modules Stacked 2.jpg (75.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-08-2018, 03:34 PM   #24
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Well, they are all now stacked in my living room. One last module photo, showing all 24 modules in the stacks.

While taking off those plastic terminal strips yesterday, I noticed that they are had some copper bus bars, and some of them were just the right size for connecting stacked modules in series. They are not as obvious when looking at them from the face because they are covered by plastic and large shiny square BMS tabs. But a look at the other side reveals them quite nicely! I attached photos of the large one, front and back.

When I was sending messages to module vendors on eBay, asking about buying the bus bars between the modules from them, every one of them responded with "What bus bars?". Not a one of them seemed to have a clue of what I was talking about.

Well, there were 12 modules in that last pack, and since they were double modules, that worked out to be 23 bus bars in that terminal strip alone. The other 2 packs of 6 modules only had 7 bus bars each that were of the right size. The entire pack had an assortment of longer bus bars of various shapes and sizes due to the layout of the packs. Those could be cut and drilled to match.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24 Module Stack.jpg (46.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Terminal Strip Front.jpg (31.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Terminal Strip Back.jpg (31.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-08-2018, 07:07 AM   #25
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Earlier in this thread, I had posted that the modules were 112.6 Amp/Hr but my math was off. 58.3 X 2p = 116.6 Amp/Hr at 14.6V nominal.

I should have posted this thread in Extreme DC, it's more in line with that section.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO