lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2018, 06:30 PM   #21
crash test dummy

Default Re: 1994 Charging Receptacle Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
I'll answer to just about anything.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2018, 08:23 PM   #22
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

RC Cola and a MOONpie!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:07 PM   #23
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Moon, keep us posted.
Update. Whole new kit arrived today. Has black plug on charger side. Has grey plug on cart side. THEY DO NOT FIT EACH OTHER. Contacts butt into each other, will not slide in. Exact opposite of problem I had.

Are these things that complicated? Am I doing something wrong? Anybody else have this problem?

I'm almost to the point of putting in a crows foot, but I want to put this thing together factory style.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:34 PM   #24
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Update. Whole new kit arrived today. Has black plug on charger side. Has grey plug on cart side. THEY DO NOT FIT EACH OTHER. Contacts butt into each other, will not slide in. Exact opposite of problem I had.

Are these things that complicated? Am I doing something wrong? Anybody else have this problem?

I'm almost to the point of putting in a crows foot, but I want to put this thing together factory style.
Mooncarter, if the contacts are not snapped in the right way, they will butt up aganst one another... head on. I don't think they will actually lock in solidly in the correct position (depth) when flipped over, and that would definitely cause an insertion issue. At least you can get to the flat spring with a flat blade jewelers screwdriver if you need to release the contact to try reinserting.

One of the suppliers I bought from sent me one SB50 with 6 guage contacts and the other SB50 with 10/12 guage contacts. At least the pair of SB120s I bought came with all 2 guage contacts in both.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:49 PM   #25
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Mooncarter, if the contacts are not snapped in the right way, they will butt up aganst one another... head on. I don't think they will actually lock in solidly in the correct position (depth) when flipped over, and that would definitely cause an insertion issue. At least you can get to the flat spring with a flat blade jewelers screwdriver if you need to release the contact to try reinserting.

One of the suppliers I bought from sent me one SB50 with 6 guage contacts and the other SB50 with 10/12 guage contacts. At least the pair of SB120s I bought came with all 2 guage contacts in both.
Bob, thanks for your reply. I finally got the issue resolved. The tech at the supply place I bought from explained that the contacts would not work until the ends had been inserted into the housing, thus changing the position of the contacts. I did not insert them because I wanted to know they were correct before inserting them. As you stated and the tech told me they can be released and re-done.

However, I have connected no less than 5 of these things with no success. New, used and combinations thereof without making connection. I have blamed 2 chargers for being no good (and all pulled apart now) because the hidden connection was not making contact.

I have learned a valuable (and expensive) lesson concerning this charger/receptacle setup.

Again, thanks for your input.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:31 PM   #26
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Here is a photo of the SB120 connectors mated together on a lithium pack. I just finished installing the 2 guage main cables between the pack +/- and the packs SB120. I left them unlatched by less than 1/4" to make it easier to unplug them... The terminals are correctly installed in both connectors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wired.jpg (158.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-22-2018, 10:41 PM   #27
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Nice work there.

According to the tech, the connectors will only snap in one (the correct way) on the SB50.

There is about a 1/16 lip/edge that goes in only one way. After crimping soldering I assumed (*** of me?) it had to be correct.

What a convoluted way of doing something so simple.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:45 PM   #28
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Oh. And to top that off. They don't include the dang tiny, about inch and a half long bolts that are about impossible to find, with the kit.

IDK. I'm not an EZ GO guy and perhaps this is common knowledge to you guys.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:01 AM   #29
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Oh. And to top that off. They don't include the dang tiny, about inch and a half long bolts that are about impossible to find, with the kit.

IDK. I'm not an EZ GO guy and perhaps this is common knowledge to you guys.
I bought the bolts and nuts (stainless steel) at Lowes. Took the connectors with me to the store to match up the fit. I used 1" long bolts.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:33 AM   #30
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I bought the bolts and nuts (stainless steel) at Lowes. Took the connectors with me to the store to match up the fit. I used 1" long bolts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO