lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2018, 10:50 AM   #1
transfixer
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Question on 98 ezgo with NPX controller?

Looking for guidance from someone familiar with these carts and NPX controllers,

I picked this cart up a while back and have been sorting out and fixing issues with it before letting a good friend have it. Its a 98 ezgo workhorse 1000e, 36volt, series cart with the its throttle box, I'm trying to fix a forward speed that is virtually wide open from the initial depressing of the pedal, I've replaced the its sensor, replaced the F & R switch with a heavy duty one, and upon finding a diagram of the correct wiring for the NPX controller, I realize this one is wired for a 0-5k throttle ? but it has an its throttle box ? if I look at the diagram for wiring with an its box it is totally different ?

The cart seems to run fine in reverse, and runs in forward, I just can't get partial throttle speed, its wide open from the get go

Wrong controller for this cart ? if so how does it even work ?

I'll attach a couple pics of the controller and current wiring
Attached Images
File Type: jpg npx.jpg (172.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg npx 2.jpg (114.6 KB, 0 views)
transfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2018, 11:53 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question on 98 ezgo with NPX controller?

Wrong controller, or at least a non-user programmable controller set to the wrong throttle type.

Put a Alltrax SR48400, or larger, controller in it and sell the NPX that is set to 0-5K throttle to offset the cost somewhat.

-----------
The controller set to a 0-5K throttle is seeing the ITS sensor as a fixed resistor in the WOT range.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:05 PM   #3
transfixer
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Question on 98 ezgo with NPX controller?

Thanks ! The guy I'm fixing it for doesn't want anything other than stock, he's just going to use in running around in an RV park, so I'll probably try to find a takeoff stock controller , or a reman from FSIP.

one good thing about this situation, I've now familiarized myself with EZGO systems somewhat, lol
transfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO