lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #1
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO and Bad Boy Buggy

I have an opportunity to buy a Bad Boy buggy for $50. There’s no electronics on it and it needs some repair, but it has those Bad Boy axels. I also have a TXT with a good frame, a plan to upgrade the controller and other electronics, and a surplus of motors. Just wondering if it would be worth it to buy it and put under a TXT frame, and if it would be possible to rund the 4wd as a part time system?
tyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2018, 08:43 PM   #2
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: EZGO and Bad Boy Buggy

If i have anything to say about Bad Boy Buggies is that they're aptly named, they are indeed, quite 'Bad.' Hunting forums have nothing nice to say about any of 'em. Funny reading though.

Good luck finding any technical info because BBB doesn't tell anyone their secrets!

Good news is the motors are standard EZGO style F1/F2/A1/A2 PDS style motors.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:25 PM   #3
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes I read a lot of complaints about the BBBs. I was thinking about just stealing the axels and running a pair of controllers, with one on a switch to give me part time 4wd, to increase run time. Thinking it may draw extra juice from the added resistance of an unpowered motor and dif, but it shouldn’t draw as many amps as running both motors.

Am I right or wrong?
Old 07-19-2018, 03:34 PM   #4
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

I think the way BBB designed the controller setup was to make the acceleration curves in sync so one isn't fighting the other for speed.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:31 PM   #5
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, I don't currently have any of the original bad boy electronics in the cart, so I thought that would be the simples way to set this up, considering that the front motor would only be engaged in slippery terrain. Or is that where you see the most potential for the problem you mentioned?
Old 07-20-2018, 07:24 AM   #6
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

The issue is when you got both motors going. You will have no sync for speed so one motor will constantly be fighting against the other one. Using the front only is no better than using rear only. You CAN use one at a time with a PDS TXT style setup, but not both at once unless you want them fighting each other.

We have a Ruff n Tuff (pretty much garbage just like BBB) but it has only one large motor and a locking system to engage 4WD which is easier to 'hack' in fact we made it run like ye olde resistor cart. Much simpler with a transfer case than trying to get two motors to sync up.

Your BBB used to have two Sevcon Millipaks for the controller I bet.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:27 AM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

IMHO, put your $$$$ and efforts into the txt and forget about the BBB. A limited slip rear will get you just as far as the BBB not really 4wd anyway. The BBB 4wd only has one wheel in front and back that has power at the same time.

Much less grief upgrading the txt, and a much better and more reliable cart in the end.

MHO
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:28 AM   #8
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

A TXT with SilverWolf 4x4 and lift kit is a far more capable car than a BBB on any day of the week. Expensive but reliable.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #9
DaveTM
Gone Wild

The only downside to the Silverwolf kit is you can't install front disc brakes on it. OTOH, if brakes are not as important (you use it in places where there are not big hills) then I would agree. Here in Southwestern Pennsylvania, we have hills.....and we have mountains. The only place with more and steeper Mts. is W. Virginia.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 02:31 PM   #10
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Where I use my cart, 4wd is not necessary. I have made do for years with 2wd. I was just thinking it would be nice to have just in case.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO