lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2018, 04:52 PM   #21
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 Ezgo RXV wont move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jkredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2018, 04:53 PM   #22
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Old 07-29-2018, 05:20 PM   #23
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You might want to check that orange wire to see for sure it's going to the speed sensor.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:47 PM   #24
ghemmer
Not Yet Wild

The cart does jump a little when I turn key to reverse
ghemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:47 PM   #25
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Once you are sure the white and orange wires from the conversion harness are spliced into the cart harness correctly, and it still won't run, you might check these things.

I don't know if this would keep the cart from moving but since some of the conversion wiring seems to be wrong I would check the wires to the resistor. The two larger gauge white wires connect to the tabs that hang down from the resistor. The picture in the instructions could make it look like one of the wires connects to the stud that holds the resistor to the heat shield but it doesn't. One of the wires goes from the resistor to the RES terminal on the controller. The other wire goes from the resistor to the same solenoid terminal that the B+ cable from the controller connects to.

I would also verify the motor cables are connected to the correct terminal on the controller. Blue goes to W, yellow goes to V and green goes to U.
rngilliland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:08 PM   #26
rngilliland
Gone Wild

I didn't notice the post about the cart jumping a little when you turn it on. That could mean your motor brake is bad. If the brake is bad, and the cart doesn't pass the tests the controller does when you turn it on, it won't run. If the conversion wiring is correct I think you might have a bad brake.
rngilliland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 10:09 PM   #27
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2009 Ezgo RXV wont move.

The cart could be failing the ‘twist test.’

Basically at power on the controller tests the brake by trying to turn the motor against the motor brake. A cart jerking fails the test. Then the controller shuts the cart down. It’s a safety test.

It could be the motor brake. However, In my case though, and my cart is a 2010, it was corrosion in the wiring harness that was reducing the voltage at the motor brake. I bought a brake, and wasted my money. Once I fixed the wiring the old brake worked as well as the replacement brake.

I’d like Bob Boyce to chime in. I’m thinking/hoping the connection of the brake sensor to the wire that used to go to the resistor circuit doesn’t go anywhere and there was no voltage going to a wrong part of the controller that could burn something out. Bob would also know if the orange wire was misconnected to the wire going to the front of the cart would cause damage.

At the moment, the wiring needs to be corrected, and then we need to see where we are at.

The Curtis controllers, at least it was my experience, are far less forgiving of old switches and old brake & throttle encoders.

We may need to get a handheld connected to the cart to look at error codes. An HDP Sequencing Fault is the controller complaining about one of the switches on the pedals.

I believe, ghemmer, you are located in western Ohio? Is that correct? (I’m originally from Cincinnati, but now live in Northeast Oklahoma.)

Old 07-29-2018, 10:44 PM   #28
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I've tried looking at the pictures, but on my tiny screen they are not easy to make out. The (former Danaher) grey resistor control wire is not a good pair-up for the white brake sense wire from the kit. And the orange wire from the motor speed encoder USED to be bonded with the orange wire from the throttle and brake encoders in the harness. Essentially the way this conversion was done, someone reversed those connections. The +5V for the motor speed encoder looks to be connected to the throttle/brake encoders +5V from the controller, and the +5V for the throttle/brake encoders is connected to the motor speed encoder. No permanent damage would be done there, but it will not pass the powerup self test. The test timing is backwards on those +5V power leads. Those leads will need to be reversed to fix that part of the problem. And the white wire needs to be unbonded from the grey wire to the harness adapter, and spliced to the light colored wire from the motor brake. Notice I said spliced to, not cut and connected to one or the other. It must connect to both! Only then will we see if connecting the white wire to the wrong grey wire actually burned out the motor brake status sense input on the controller. If so, we might have to disable that part of the powerup test to get it to work... or replace the controller.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 11:06 PM   #29
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks bob. I figured you would know if this error could damage the controller.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:17 AM   #30
ghemmer
Not Yet Wild

jkredman I am from fremont ohio. I am at work now and will go through the rest of the connections to make they are correct when I get home and then will get it to a scanner for error codes.
ghemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO