lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2018, 08:36 PM   #1
transfixer
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Question about converting 97 DCS cart

I just picked up a lifted 97 txt 36volt, dcs cart, guy said it quit moving about a year ago, at the time the batteries were good, I bought it figuring on replacing the controller and putting new cables on. Now it seems at least two of the batteries are no good,

So if I've got to replace the batteries, and the controller, there's not much to keep me from turning it into a 48volt cart right ? I don't know as much about EZGO's as I do CC's , but I've heard people say you can run a 36volt motor with a 48volt system right ? Does that extend to the Regen carts as well ?
transfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2018, 08:49 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Question about converting 97 DCS cart

You can go to 48 volts but you’d need a new solenoid, wiring, and charger.

I’m rebuilding a DCS cart right now. The stock controllers are prone to fail since the have no low voltage protection. Alltrax has an XCT48400-DCS that’s very nice.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 11:05 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

No real wiring because the DCS harness will plug into the xctdcs alltrax but will need controller, solenoid, charger and obviously batteries.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:36 AM   #4
transfixer
Getting Wild
Club Car

Well, if I've got to replace batteries and controller anyway, and cables since they don't look very good, I think it would be worth the extra $ to have 48volts, the cart came with two 36volt chargers, I'll just sell them on CL to offset the cost of a 48v charger. I don't plan keeping the cart myself, probably sell it to someone to use as a woods buggy as hunting season is around the corner here.
transfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:54 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

As it is a 97 and you are wanting to go to 48 you may need to put a newer motor in it as well. I don’t have any experience in it but rumors are the stock motor may not like 48 volts. 42 is an option but a little tougher to find a charger.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO