lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2018, 03:45 PM   #21
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Manual charging time with bypassed obc??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunking View Post
Don't get me wrong, Club Car charger works just fine for a new cart with factory installed batteries. My issue is there is no flexibility and everything is preset. But when it fails, or time to replace batteries, the CC factory charger falls short. Example you may change battery manufacture or model number which requires a different algorithm. All the chargers I listed allow you to change the algorithms to optimize charging algorithms.
The Club Car ERIC charger is the similar to the IC650 but without the display screen and button to cycle the display.
It still has the USB port next to the charge indicator, and the ability to be updated with new charge algorithms from Delta Q. You can also download and review charge data from the charger using Delta Q's IDAT software.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2018, 04:26 PM   #22
calvinallen88
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
That is correct.....

Find a relay here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/charger
Ok great. I had been researching the DPI Accusense and was intrigued by the features but it would be great not to spend $300 on a charger right now.
calvinallen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:36 PM   #23
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinallen88 View Post
Ok great. I had been researching the DPI Accusense and was intrigued by the features but it would be great not to spend $300 on a charger right now.
And DPI is an excellent selection for down the road as compared to ~$15 for this quick fix.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:36 AM   #24
calvinallen88
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Update on my problem.

Replaced the relay and breaker on my charger. I now hear a click and hum when the charger is plugged in but the amp meter doesn’t move. Before when I bypassed at the charger the meter seemed to work correctly, but now even when I bypass it nothing happens. I even put the old breaker and relay back in to see if I could get anything to move and nothing.

Also, I still haven’t hooked up a working charger to my cart, but I did pull the blue and red wires off the small terminals on the relay and with the cart unplugged from the outlet and plugged into the cart it was reading 50.8v. This tests that the obc is working correctly?
Old 09-04-2018, 11:19 AM   #25
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Update on my problem.

Replaced the relay and breaker on my charger. I now hear a click and hum when the charger is plugged in but the amp meter doesn’t move. Before when I bypassed at the charger the meter seemed to work correctly, but now even when I bypass it nothing happens. I even put the old breaker and relay back in to see if I could get anything to move and nothing. Sounds like a blown fuse that is mounted on the backside of your charge receptacle. It is where the black 10g wire from the OBC harness is terminated to.
Quote:
I still haven’t hooked up a working charger to my cart, but I did pull the blue and red wires off the small terminals on the relay and with the cart unplugged from the outlet and plugged into the cart it was reading 50.8v. This tests that the obc is working correctly? No, that just tells you that the voltage is present to close in the relay.
See comments above
Old 09-04-2018, 12:52 PM   #26
calvinallen88
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
See comments above
I checked that fuse and the inline fuse on the grey wire and both were good.

And ok, I thought I read somewhere that shown that the obc could signal the charger.

All I did was swap out the relay and breaker and now I can’t get any charge. Yesterday I could bypass the charger and it charged fine and the meter seemed to work correctly
Old 09-04-2018, 06:54 PM   #27
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Unless there is a broken connection in your charge cord, then all I know of else would be the Diodes/Rectifier (whichever your charger has)
Old 09-05-2018, 12:03 AM   #28
calvinallen88
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Unless there is a broken connection in your charge cord, then all I know of else would be the Diodes/Rectifier (whichever your charger has)

Rectifier ordered so we will see. It’s just bothering me bad. Was “working” fine, charger good until I replaced the relay and breaker then nothing.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:15 PM   #29
calvinallen88
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, I received my rectifier today but before I installed it I decided to unhook the batteries and let the obc reset. Plugged it back in and the charger fired right up. Was showing over 15 amps now has slowly dropped to just below 5. Been changing for hours and was keeping an eye on pack voltage.

Last check total back was just over 60v but tested each while still on charger and they were reading 10.14v each. When unhooked the charger they fairly quickly dropped to 9.4v. Am I over charging my batteries??

Also, when I plugged my charger back up it immediately started charging with no delay. Does this still indicate a bad obc even though my charger seems to be working?
Old 09-07-2018, 11:03 PM   #30
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Also, when I plugged my charger back up it immediately started charging with no delay. Does this still indicate a bad obc even though my charger seems to be working?
Yes, there should be a ~5 second delay. Batteries will charge to ~63 volts or so and as high as 65v.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car