lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2018, 08:40 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: DPI Charger

Sorry to hear that. My board fried during a storm (surge), which happened after the warranty was spent. I bought a new board, and another storm took it out. They honored the warranty, even though technically, mine shouldn't have been a warranty issue, as we definitely had a pretty serious lightning storm. I urged them to expedite it both times, as batteries ain't cheap. They did. Maybe new management? Besides the two boards, mine's been running for nearly a decade.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2018, 10:50 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Their new phone system sucks. Even if you decide "I'll wait a minute", you might be ported to voicemail. Same on the "dealer line" as it on the "tech support line". When you get them on the line, they're are just as helpful as they have always been. So I don't think it's a "people thing", it's the "new phone system thing".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:48 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Typical engineers. If it ain't broke, it just don't got enough features.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:25 AM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Typical engineers. If it ain't broke, it just don't got enough features.
I've been there before, I'm still rocking the same, but external system gets a shake-up, and "the world as we know it" is up-ended. Same happened to Yamaha dealer support, unfortunately. Yep, more "features". Also, Yamaha changed their dealer website, for the better (once you try it), but no one likes change from what their used to. They left the old system in place (so far) for the ones who don't try it. I feel lucky when a "revamp" is for the better, and I wish it went that way for more big dog oems (looking at you Ezgo!). Yamaha went from "better than the others I deal with", to even better. Ezgo went from "harder than Yamaha" to even-worse. Excluding their phone system, they all change their phone system often, just so you cannot bug them, because the system doesn't go through.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:22 AM   #15
Snuffy1757
Getting Wild

Once again I call these assholes today. It’s been sitting on a shelf repaired and ready to be shipped back to me. I was told unfortunately it hasn’t been shipped back to me. I was assured it would be checked again to make sure it’s ok and sent out today. We’ll see. I’m not holding my breath. There customer service is a joke.
Snuffy1757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:22 AM   #16
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Oh don't get me started, I've been a DPI dealer since 2012 and a pro-fit dealer too. Profit is under the DPI name. The 48V Ezgo & 36V Ezgo seem to last about a year before something fails. Ezgo doesn't seem to want to stand behind them anymore, I'm finding that out by the more warranty claims I file.
Calling DPI and getting them to do something is difficult. Since Rick is tech service retired (good for him) these new guys don't seem to care, or management is so overwhelmed that they don't know up from down.
I feel bad reading this thread and seeing so many issues, I can only imagine the amount of issues happening across the US.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:42 AM   #17
coosa
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF Titus View Post
Oh don't get me started, I've been a DPI dealer since 2012 and a pro-fit dealer too. Profit is under the DPI name. The 48V Ezgo & 36V Ezgo seem to last about a year before something fails. Ezgo doesn't seem to want to stand behind them anymore, I'm finding that out by the more warranty claims I file.
Calling DPI and getting them to do something is difficult. Since Rick is tech service retired (good for him) these new guys don't seem to care, or management is so overwhelmed that they don't know up from down.
I feel bad reading this thread and seeing so many issues, I can only imagine the amount of issues happening across the US.
Well, that isn't good news. I thought I was the only person ever to have trouble with their chargers. I'm glad I held on to the old EZGO charger. I can always switch a couple of cables and charge my cart with it and use a 6 volt charger on the orphan battery.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:23 PM   #18
Snuffy1757
Getting Wild

I got my DPI Charger back from the factory yesterday afternoon. I unboxed the Charger and put it together. I jumped in my cart and went for a short ride. I plugged in the charger and the bottom 2 and the top two lights blinked 3 times. The charger will not come on. DPI had my charger for 4 weeks and then they send it back and it doesn’t work. I’m beyond mad. It’s not going to be pretty when I call those assholes tomorrow. There is just NO excuse for this. ������
Snuffy1757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:45 PM   #19
NBE
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

That's a shame! Makes one wonder if they actually did anything with it at all. They probably did but seems it's still useless.

I'm currently looking for a replacement charger for my RXV. I think I'll scratch the DPI off of my list.

Brad
NBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:41 PM   #20
rngilliland
Gone Wild

The top 2 and bottom 2 leds flashing when you plug the charger into the cart indicate it is set to mode 28. That mode is for General spiral lead batteries. You may want to change the mode to whatever type batteries you have and see if it charges. The charger does a test at a few amps before it will start charging. Maybe being set to this mode is causing it to fail the test.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO