lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2018, 07:23 AM   #1
Luke Rozier
Not Yet Wild

Default should back tires spin while on jacks?

I have an '07 CC precedent and I am trying to diagnose where my rough ride is coming from. While on jack stands, I gave it a little throttle to spin the back wheels so I could see if I have a tire out of round and only the rear passenger tire spun. I tried to turn the rear driver side wheel and it is very hard to move and does not freely spin. This does not seem good, even though the cart drives fine, except for the rough ride of course. Is there anything in particular I should look for in the rear? What are the usual causes for a rough ride coming from the rear? *I have a new 4" a-arm lift kit with new hubs and wheels so the front suspension is basically completely new with a perfect alignment and wheels spin true.
Luke Rozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2018, 07:53 AM   #2
SCCLT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: should back tires spin while on jacks?

Brake shoe(s) dragging or a wheel (axle) bearing gone bad, on that side, can cause difficulty turning. On the ground the cart still has enough power to overcome the drag. Fix the problem and you will get better acceleration and top speed.
Note: Only one tire spinning while on jack stands is normal.
But, either tire should spin equally by hand.

By rough I don't know if you mean a kidney jarring, hard, feel every pebble kind of ride, or a bouncy up and down, make you sea sick kind of ride.
Basically you have three components that affect the ride. Springs, shocks and tires. Spring(s) - Look for extra leafs (HD), weak, cracked, broken, bound, flipped rear hanger, mismatched set, etc. Shock(s) - Weak, bound up/stuck or missing. Tires - over or under inflated, low profile, slime filled or solid core.
Any combination of the above, can all cause a "rough" ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SCCLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:30 AM   #3
Cynikal.Mindset
Not Yet Wild

your driver side brake cable might be too short with the lift kit, disconnect the cable from the drum and see if that will allow you to turn the wheel freely by hand
Cynikal.Mindset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:34 AM   #4
Luke Rozier
Not Yet Wild

I was definitely dragging the brakes on that side. I had to take the shoes off and turn the dial in on the bottom of the brake assembly just to get the hub cover back on. I have low profile tires with HD springs so I guess I'll never have a smooth ride.
Luke Rozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car