lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2018, 02:07 PM   #1
Pedracer97
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2006 TXT series cart wiring

I recently purchased a 2006 TXT cart. It has the forward/reverse switch by your leg and does not have a tow/maintenance switch. I'm assuming its a series cart? Is that correct? The cart runs but slow what can be done to speed it up? On the solenoid the 2 smaller lugs in the middle have a white and black wire attached but it is not attached on the other end, where should these go?
Pedracer97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2018, 07:12 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 TXT series cart wiring

Pedracer97, I have the same cart....and YES its a series drive. attached below is a wiring diagram for you.

Wiring Diagram Series-Hi-Current traced.JPG

you said its SLOW....what speed are you getting? a STOCK series cart will run roughly 12-14 mph if the batteries are in good condition.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:07 PM   #3
Pedracer97
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm guessing about that speed. Was hoping for a little faster.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:09 PM   #4
Pedracer97
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

Where should the wires on the small lugs on the solenoid go?
Old 10-31-2018, 06:09 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Pedracer.....the series drive is the work horse of the carts....even if you put a bigger controller in it the speed won't increase. if you want more speed out of a series drive, on top of upgrading the controller, f&r switch, solenoid, and all the cables, you can either upgrade to 48v's (which will gain you 33% more speed AND torque) and/or get you a high speed motor.

You can see in my sig, that I have done both.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:54 AM   #6
Denzone
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I just upgraded my cart last year with this upgrade. I am now getting 20 mph consistently, on slight downhills I can get up to 24 mph. I would like to squeeze out a little more, but that would involve swapping the motor. My cart is also a limo style, lifted, 23" tires.
Denzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #7
Pedracer97
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I don't want to upgrade to a 48vt yet as the batteries are less than a year old in the cart. Could I get a new motor, F/R switch upgrade, and controller and need parts for that and get more speed out of it?
Old 12-11-2018, 05:13 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can, we carry the 7126 motor listed in Nuke's signature. It will produce more speed on 36 or 48 volts. The results are better on 48.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You'll like that motor. While I have a rear seat and 8, six volt batts, (lotsa weight), mine really does quite well, though I never fed it 36 volts. I also never used greater than stock tires.

Given that your cart may be heavier than mine, with the capacity for more passengers, I'd monitor the motor temp for the worst case condition. I installed an Alltrax ExRay, which is external. A handheld IR temp gun, or even old school lick your finger and see if it sizzles. At 36 volts, it will pull more amps, which = heat. Heat is a motor's enemy.

EDIT:
technically it's the magnet wire insulation's enemy. I try to be really conservative, but your new motor's insulation is rated at 180°C, BUT that is inside a motor who's internal temp can't be measured, unless specifically customized. I use 100°C as a safe exterior temp. Folks will quote higher and/or lower, but...

Also, it depends on how long the motor ran "hot", as there is a lag on thermal transfer.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 06:53 PM   #10
Hum2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am converting my lead acid batteries to a single 36v ECO Battery.

My EZGO has a on/off key switch/w lights, rocker switch for forward/reverse, and a battery level gauge on the dash. Headlights, taillights, horn and turn signals. It had 6-6v batteries and attached to the 5th battery positive post, it has a green wire that runs to fuse block, which has three fuses/wires running out of the fuse block. The main positive post had the charger, controller and a third red wire attached. The main negative post had the charger, controller, and a third black wire attached.

I am sure the green wire pulls off 12v for the fuse block, but not sure where the 12v negative comes from? I need to hook the new 36v to 12v reducer output to the positive (green wire) and negative???

Any help (ASAP) would be appreciated as I don't want to fry anything. What are the smaller red and black wires for coming off the main pos/neg posts?

Not sure how to add pics to the post.
Hum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO