lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2018, 06:09 PM   #1
iamegarry@googlemail.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo won’t move motor brake stuck on

My ezgo rxv electric cart won’t move I have to rotate the 1234 plugs to get the brake to release now I know from reading previous threads that that is a sure sign of a faulty motor brake but let me continue when I plant my foot on accelerator the motor brake won’t telease but if I press the accelerator ever so little and everything works as it’s supposed to the brake releases and the cart moves of ever so slowly and then I can plant my foot down and it works fine so it’s a normal working cart as long as I depress the accelerator just a tiny bit all goes ok would that be the micro switch or the selinoid I hear a click when the cart stops and the brake engages but no click as it moves off hope this helps
iamegarry@googlemail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2018, 08:34 PM   #2
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ezgo won’t move motor brake stuck on

Check to make sure the brake pedal is returning to the full up position. I had some trash fall into my pedal and it acted like you describe. I pulled back on the brake with my foot and the cart operated normally. Cleaned out the piece of trash and everything is back to normal.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:12 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Welcome to BGW!

The Electric RXV is very sophisticated and it operates a little differently than traditional DC carts. Every time the key is turned on the cart goes thru a self test. When satisfied, it will allow the cart to operate. Some folks are not used to this and key up and hit the gas before the cart is happy. Then they back out of the pedal and try again slower and everything works ok. It may just take some getting used to.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:29 AM   #4
iamegarry@googlemail.com
Not Yet Wild

Sorry maybe wasn’t clear it’s been cutting out for the past 3 weeks and leaving me stranded on the course and I had to go through changing the leads round to get the brake to go off pressing the throttle hardly at all is just something I’ve discovered that stops the trolley cutting out altogether I’m thinking that by pressing the throttle ever so little it’s putting low voltage through to the motor brake allowing it to release and subsequently letting the cart continue working the key is only switched on at the start of the round this problem is happening as I get off the cart to play a shot and then get back in and if I press the throttle normally the cart cuts out but hardly touching the throttle lets the cart perform normally is it the microwwitch do you think ??
Old 12-12-2018, 03:52 PM   #5
Scoots
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the micro switch on the throttle pedal. I had the same issue with mine. Before you jump to that conclusion. How are your batteries? What year, water levels, pack voltage?
Scoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:33 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Rxv does have a throttle switch but it is not a micro. Have you pulled up the floor mat and checked for trash? You really need a handheld to check it out.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:35 AM   #7
iamegarry@googlemail.com
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the input folks I’ll check out the throttle welll for trash I just don’t know what to replace it could be so many different things but I can’t understand why if I depress th throttle very very little and wait for the brake or solenoid I don’t know which to click then the cart works perfectly normal I can then go ahead and press the throttle as hard as I want and the Carr will speed up normally. But if I get in and floor the throttle the cart just malfunctions and I have to swap the 1234 plugs over to get the brake off it’s a weird one obviously I don’t want to leave it like this although I could and probably work that way
Old 12-13-2018, 05:48 AM   #8
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

I'm in no way a cart expert mine has done some of these same things yours is doing. Matter of fact last time I used mine it wouldn't go so i un hooked brake plug and tapped connector plugged it back in and cart went fine. I've also taken my brake off took it apart sprayed it down with brake cleaner and solved a issue I had. Check all your plug connections youd be surprised at how most the time it's just a little loose connection somewhere thatll drive you batty.
MUDSLINGER250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:30 AM   #9
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

iamegarry@googlemail.com where are you located. A handheld would be very helpful with this problem.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:10 PM   #10
iamegarry@googlemail.com
Not Yet Wild

I’m in Ireland ���� I had thought of a loose connection but because it’s so consistently faulty in the same way I thought a bad connection would be more intermittent like sometimes good and sometimes bad but this is constantly bad unless I am feather gentle with the throttle weird one indeed but I’m leaning towards the accelerator switch but don’t really want to buy one until I’m sure I need one but tight us irishmen
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO