lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2018, 07:37 PM   #1
AquaLuke
Getting Wild

Default Aftermarket Motor Advice

I have an Onward with new XCT500 and solenoid. My next step is to change the motor but the options seem to be endless. Would like to get opinions on which motor I should choose since I am relatively new to modding carts.

I am running 23" turfs and spend 90% of my time on the golf course which is relatively flat with some undulations, no major hills to climb. I would like to be able to reach 35 mph with ample to torque to run about the course and climb small inclines. Run time is a concern. I would like to get 36 holes out of charge during the spring months. I just installed new T875s (still in the break-in).

After the controller install I am pleased with the acceleration but it takes a good straight run to be able to get it up to top speed which I am still not sure what max is yet.

Thanks in advance.
AquaLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2018, 07:53 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Aftermarket Motor Advice

Plum Quick's Executioner is the fastest motor you're gonna find out there, but 35 MPH is a stretch unless you're running more than 48 volts.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:08 PM   #3
AquaLuke
Getting Wild

What are the benefits of the executioner over the cheetah?
AquaLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:12 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

According to Plum Quick, 24-28 MPH with the Cheetah and 28-32 MPH with the Executioner
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:21 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The Executioner is your fastest that I have ever ran with many others in between. As THD stated, with a strong pack, perfect alignment, and no extra load, you should see low 30's, but you can not and will not run as fast on grass as you will asphalt just due to the friction loss of running over the blades....

If you want more speed, you will have to do like the rest of us and add voltage!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:27 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

FSIP A3 motor and any size XCT will net you 33.75 mph on 23s mathematically set at the 6000 rpm limit.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:42 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

'07 DS IQ - 58.8v Lithium Pack, Alltrax XCT500a, 400a Solenoid, 6" Lift, 10" x 22" AT's I got the following:

Admiral A2 - 33 (33.5) mph
FSIP Speed - 35 mph
PQ Executioner - 38 mph

The Field Map was changed for each motor and all testing was on the same day, same cart, same parameters. I did not have a D&D so I did not get to test it, but will soon.

Note- This is a lithium pack that was topped at 58.4 prior to each test, is ~220 pounds lighter then a FLA battery cart and was tweaked to the max for testing.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:59 PM   #8
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nole, thanks for doing this test. Finally!![emoji106]
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:05 PM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Me and David were talking about taking D&D and duplicating the test again, I would really like to see how it compares to the others....

I just need to move Revolution Golf Cars to Florida so the walk is a LOT closer!
Old 12-20-2018, 05:39 AM   #10
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Having built a highspeed lithum cart and then followed it up with a lithium torque build I'd choose the torque everytime.

Xct400 A2 on 27in tires 39.4mph
Xct500 mot-A4 on 27s 32.2mph

40mph sounds fun on paper and dont get me wrong it's fun in the seat too but it chews up your range in a hurry. It's also sketchy. Unless you plan on a brake upgrade you'll want a motor with regen. The alltrax allows you to tune it in perfectly. As long as I time deceleration right I dont even use my brakes unless coming to a complete stop.

I cruise about 25-30 in the high speed cart and it feels stable and safe. The torque cart I cruise about 15-20 if I'm with a group which is 99% of the time 12-15mph is the norm. The torque builds acceleration is way more fun than the speed cart. The range is also ridiculously better. Low end of the pack is 110ah high end of the normal cruising draw 25amps and low end of the normal speed 12mph yields over 50miles per charge.

No matter what you choose it's better than stock you'll be very impressed and then bored in a month lol That's why we end up with backup cameras, 12inch subs, air horns, shot dispensers, lights, winches, ect. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car