lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2018, 06:40 AM   #11
AquaLuke
Getting Wild

Default Re: Aftermarket Motor Advice

I do not want to lose regen, range is probably the most important to me in the long run. Lithium Leaf conversion will be after the motor. If I can safely run 30 on 23’s that would be acceptable. Getting to 30 very quickly is what I am after. Range, acceleration with a min top speed of 30. Anything over 30 would be a bonus.
AquaLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #12
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
'07 DS IQ - 58.8v Lithium Pack, Alltrax XCT500a, 400a Solenoid, 6" Lift, 10" x 22" AT's I got the following:

Admiral A2 - 33 (33.5) mph
FSIP Speed - 35 mph
PQ Executioner - 38 mph

The Field Map was changed for each motor and all testing was on the same day, same cart, same parameters. I did not have a D&D so I did not get to test it, but will soon.

Note- This is a lithium pack that was topped at 58.4 prior to each test, is ~220 pounds lighter then a FLA battery cart and was tweaked to the max for testing.
Nice test Nole!

This should be posted somewhere easy for folks considering a motor upgrade to find so they can see the tested differences in speed between those popular motors. Might help narrow down the motor choice for others.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:38 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

While this information is great, it would really be nice to have "timing" numbers as well.

A lot of folks brag on their cart speed but the time frame is "eventually".

There is a big difference between 0-25mph in 20 secs vs 0-30mph in 2 minutes.

Maybe for your current motor and future tests You can add the time or distance before the reported speed was achieved.

Some of the high torque motors appear to have low HP and take forever to develop high speed.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:47 AM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post

I just need to move Revolution Golf Cars to Florida so the walk is a LOT closer!
My wife would agree, but it's simply too far from my hunting club.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:05 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
-snip-

Maybe for your current motor and future tests You can add the time or distance before the reported speed was achieved.

Some of the high torque motors appear to have low HP and take forever to develop high speed.
You would have to be us to relate to these (and I sometimes forget that) as it is a "given" here; Since we are all (or were) street, bracket or NHRA racers, any testing we ever do, in any case, is always based on 1/4 mile.... (And prior to that distance, in each case, the RPM limiter was active at 6000)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:29 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, 1/4 mile = 440 yards, so I would never be able to reach top speed before having to slow for a turn in my neighborhood

It seems like it would be useful to know from a stand still position, what are the speeds after 50 yards and 100 yards.

The top speed is nice to know but I personally would prefer to know what to expect from the acceleration perspective, I have seen to many posts where folks were disappointed with their new motor purchase because their expectation for the motor rated speed was not after several hundred feet.

It was just an idea for what I think is a more relatable metric for most folks than torque, HP or eventual top speed.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:43 PM   #17
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Aftermarket Motor Advice

Sergio you bring up a very good point. I’ve never timed mine or exactly measured the distance but I’d say I can get to 35 in about 100 yards, the last 5-7 mph to 42 does take about another 100 yards.

However, timing is more useful than distance as the distance traveled increases exponentially for every 1mph increase. I’ll have to get out a stopwatch and a gps that refreshes faster than my phone to get some measurements.

EDIT: I also agree the info in this thread, or the thread itself should be a sticky. We almost need 2, one for 48v lead acid and one for lithium carts at 58v.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:47 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Well, 1/4 mile = 440 yards, so I would never be able to reach top speed before having to slow for a turn in my neighborhood

It seems like it would be useful to know from a stand still position, what are the speeds after 50 yards and 100 yards.

The top speed is nice to know but I personally would prefer to know what to expect from the acceleration perspective, I have seen to many posts where folks were disappointed with their new motor purchase because their expectation for the motor rated speed was not after several hundred feet.

It was just an idea for what I think is a more relatable metric for most folks than torque, HP or eventual top speed.
I agree - set a standard and we can enter data. A fully charged pack should also be used and driver riding solo. As well as tire diameter and psi. All of these things are needed for a more accurate comparison.
Once we get this info we can start bracket racing
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:48 PM   #19
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
Sergio you bring up a very good point. I’ve never timed mine or exactly measured the distance but I’d say I can get to 35 in about 100 yards, the last 5-7 mph to 42 does take about another 100 yards.

However, timing is more useful than distance as the distance traveled increases exponentially for every 1mph increase. I’ll have to get out a stopwatch and a gps that refreshes faster than my phone to get some measurements.
There is a pretty good app for this! Its from That Racing Channel TRC here is the setup screen. You set the speed and hit go the timer doesnt start until the gps sees movement or possibly a potentiometer not sure never read that far into it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:54 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Perfect! I got the app installed.

scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car