lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2018, 04:09 PM   #1
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Alltrax 400 Throttle/pedal issues.

I belive I have 2 separate issues with my Throttle on ’08 precedent with Alltrax 400 (original motor) I recently did the upgrade to mcor 4. The first issue is that the pedal drops to 50% when firmly pressed against the floor. I’m guessing it’s issues with some part of the peddle assembly and was told a I could simply put a little Shim or block to keep it from going all the way down. That seems logical, but my second issue is that the pedal at 100% can only be accheived with the pedal all the way to the floor(but not pressed quite as hard as when the power cuts to 50%) it seems there is only the tiniest sliver of pedal position that the pedal is at 100%. When I run the Alltrax software and press the pedal to monitor the accel data, the difference between 75%, to 100%, to going too far (and cutting back to 50%) is only a fraction of a cm. The foot movement to cover all 3 of those throttle outputs is so small you can’t even see my foot move on the pedal. Is it possible I messed up the Alltrax software and need to adjust something. I have a picture of standard accelleration settings, one potential customized setting and the other page within my software. I was wondering if i should customize the accelerator curve? Or uncheck some random box? . Or if I just need a new pedal assembly. Thanks [/IMG]
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2018, 04:38 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax 400 Throttle/pedal issues.

The MCOR4 has a very diferent signal than the MCOR2 that was in the Precedent originally.

If You did not clear the auto-calibration yet, do it first.

Click on "Controller" on the very top of the menu and then click on "Clear Auto-Cal".

If You still have issues the problem is most likely a worn pedal assembly, this is how I fixed mine:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1443813
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:46 AM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Enable linearized throttle settings in the tool menu and post a picture of it.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 09:26 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

And what is the throttle type set to currently?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:49 PM   #5
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the suggestions. I cleared auto-cal as Sergio suggested. Then I found the lineriztion tab with guidance from Walter. I wish I had known that was there the other day when I was playing around. . Scottyb, are you asking if I was using standard vs custom? I have been using standard. But set up a custom to play with the accelleration pedal. Just now, I played with the monitor tab while pressing the pedal. And here seemed to be more range. And, while he pedal still drops when over rotating, it takes a lot more force to get that to happen. Before it took very little force and could be triggered just by going over a bump. I’ll do a test drive tomorrow. Thanks again for the suggestions. It seems better so far.

uploadpics
Old 01-01-2019, 06:26 PM   #6
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Pedal is All good! Had an awesome New Years Day cruising with the dog in 70+ degree January weather. It was great to have the cart running strong again. It’s Been a few months since I’ve had a 26+ mph run because of my pedal issues. Thnaks Sergio. I think the auto-cal reset was key. And thanks to Walter and Scotty for the other pointers. I also hooked up my 2nd 12v accessory battery in parallel . I was able to run my amp, 4 speakers, and sub for hours and never dropped below 12.6. Life is Good

Tags
accelleration, alltrax 400, mcor 4, throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car