lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2019, 10:44 AM   #1
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 Club Car DS build questions

So I am mid build now and starting to button things up but have some questions concerning the wiring. Between the AllTrax wiring diagram and the one I found on this site I should have plenty but I keep questioning myself! This cart hasn’t run in years and we bought it not running so I am rebuilding it how we want it and hoping for no issues!

Anyways on to the questions :). The questions are based off the one photo where I labeled things. None of the wires are fully hooked up. I was just kind of getting them in place. Also I have not done the OBC bypass yet as you can see in the pics. The cart now has a Lester Summit II charger.

1- This white cable was hooked to the frame and directly to one of the motor mount bolts almost like a ground. I do not see that in the wiring diagram. Can it be removed or is that best practice?

2- I can tape up/remove the orange/white and brown wire correct? These were the wires that went to the old solenoid that is no longer used. (This cart model had 2 solenoids on it)

3- What size should the A1, F1, and F2 wires be? Are their current sizes appropriate or should I go with a bigger gauge? The battery cables are all 2awg.

4- Does the solenoid/diode look to be setup correctly? This was probably the hardest part for me to read and understand. From what I gather the diode needs to be replaced if you hook it up wrong so I don’t want to make that mistake :)

5- This motor came with a speed sensor that hooks on end of motor. Do I really need that? I included a pic of it below.

Thanks so much in advance for the help. I learn so much here!

NLaudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2019, 10:52 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 Club Car DS build questions

Here is a sticky to answer your question #4.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...th-diodes.html
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:17 AM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

1 . I don't know what that white cable is, but it's not supposed to be there. There should never be any wires hooked to your frame at any time for any reason.

2 . Yes, That's correct.

3 . F1 and F2 wires don't need to be upgraded. With a 400 amp controller the A1 and A2 wires need to be a minimum of 4 gauge, with a 500 amp controller, 2 gauge.

4 . See previous reply

5 . Yes you absolutely need the speed sensor. The XCT will perform far better if you utilize the speed sensor circuit.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:22 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Speed sensor will allow the XCT to limit motor RPMs thus protecting the motor from over-revving. Motor Death by over-revving on the flats or in a downhill run, this type of damage is not covered under any warranty.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:21 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

On your Main Contactor (Solenoid) there is no Regen Diode present on the Large Posts (I see the Suppression Diode on the small posts) but there should be one present. This protects your XCT controller.....

BBBHC linked you to a Sticky that shows their proper orientation.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car