lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2019, 01:28 AM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Limited slip/posi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70oldsracer View Post
That's good to hear. I think I'm going to get a limited slip unit and give it a try. I'll post my findings when and if I get one. If I do get one, I'll look at my original carrier to see about making something that would work to make it a posi.
Not just any limited slip unit, try an RXV limited slip. It is made to fit the Dana Spicer...
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2019, 08:21 AM   #12
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Not just any limited slip unit, try an RXV limited slip. It is made to fit the Dana Spicer...
Bob, do you have a part number for an RXV limited slip? The one I was looking at is EZGO part # 614756
https://qaprofitparts.textron.com/li...fferential-kit
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:01 PM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Bob, do you have a part number for an RXV limited slip? The one I was looking at is EZGO part # 614756
Sorry, I am unable to open the Shop EZGO site. I have HughesNet Gen5 satellite internet, and despite the misleading advertising, it is NOT broadband by satellite... The cleverly worded advertising of UP TO 25 Mbps may be legal, but it is insulting to those of us that are lucky to get speedtest results of 200 Kbps most of the time. Not to mention, horrible round-trip latency. 56K dialup internet was faster compared to the speed we get most of the time. If you stay up until 3 or 4 AM, you might get 2 or 3 Mbps, if you're lucky. The days of up to 25 Mbps are long gone, due to overselling of the available Gen5 bandwidth. There are no longer any other internet options besides satellite for those of use that are beyond the range of DSL, cable, wireless, or cellular data networks.

I didn't mean to rant, it just ticks me off that I cannot help confirm the part number for you due to my lack of internet speed.

Bob
Old 01-13-2019, 09:10 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Bob, you are totally right. My only option besides terrible CenturyLink is satellite. My buddy has satellite internet as his only option, and his experience with it is about the same as yours. I live on a dead end road, where infrastructure upgrades just ain't happening. The local radio based internet provider could get it to me if I just chopped down the neighbors giant pine tree. Well, here's to hoping I chop down the right tree the first time!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:33 PM   #15
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Quote:
That is the correct part number for the RXV limited slip. This link shows an exploded view of the axle. https://shop.txtsv.com/vehicle/index...EAR_AXLE.PDF/y
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:23 PM   #16
cgtech

Yamaha

I posted pics of the internals of that Rxv posi, but I can't find them. The design is just like a car or truck version of a "clutch type" posi. Not biased forward or backward, just slipping against clutch discs as required. I have never in-person seen or used a posi built from a open-diff carrier, so, can't say good or bad about them, but plowmans making them doesn't sell garbage.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:24 AM   #17
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I had to wait until early AM in order to open the page. Yes, that is the correct limited slip unit. I intend to remove the limited slip from a spare RXV axle here and install it into my 2Five rear axle before installing that axle into my Bandolero.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:33 AM   #18
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Well, here in the city, I'm used to Verizon Fios and the fast internet service. When I go to my house in upstate NY, we have Frontier.net and it's slow as s###. My kids drive me nuts when they want to use their devices at the same time and it's extremely slow. Okay, back on topic, does anyone know for sure that this limited slip posi will fit in my carrier?
Old 01-14-2019, 02:23 PM   #19
cgtech

Yamaha

It's a new carrier, it doesn't go in your carrier. You bolt your current ring gear to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190114_122612721_HDR.jpg (171.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-14-2019, 02:52 PM   #20
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
It's a new carrier, it doesn't go in your carrier. You bolt your current ring gear to it.
My bad, I meant to say will it fit in my housing.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO