lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2019, 04:44 PM   #1
fishbones
Getting Wild

Default 94 DS F/R problem still persists

So I put on the replacement F/R switch HD and still intermittent F/R issues.
I can go back and forth several times then when pressing accelerator it does nothing, when it does this with the throttle down I can push the shift knob in slightly and she takes off like it was not making good contact. It will also do this if I wiggle the S1 or S2 slightly from behind. Anyone else seen this issue before, its very strange. SR48500 Kit, HD F/R and Solenoid and 2G cables were all installed at same time.
Can someone recommend a good HD switch also, the silver contact plate on the top back fell off after my wrench hit it.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2019, 07:44 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 94 DS F/R problem still persists

Some of those switches you can open up and tighten the center contact area. It sounds like you are not making good contact.

Hit scottyb up about it.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:52 AM   #3
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Some of those switches you can open up and tighten the center contact area. It sounds like you are not making good contact.

Hit scottyb up about it.....
thanks Nole, been working with Scotty, this is my second switch doing the same / similar thing.
First thing I thought to was contact, I barely push the black shift knob towards rear of cart and it takes off, no way to tighten this style that I can see, it has roll pins front and back.
When I get time I am going to throw my stock switch on and see if issue persists.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:08 AM   #4
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

since youre already in contact with him im sure he has suggested going the route of the reversing contactor. this is probably your best bet considering all the other upgrades youve done. look for the sw-202. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/reversing-contactors.html
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:14 AM   #5
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just replaced one of these. Where the two cables terminate to the stationary bus bars on the 'knob' side of the switch; all four of the nuts holding the bus bars were finger tight only. You are terminating cables on two of them. Make sure that the other two are tight. Just a thought.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:02 PM   #6
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
I just replaced one of these. Where the two cables terminate to the stationary bus bars on the 'knob' side of the switch; all four of the nuts holding the bus bars were finger tight only. You are terminating cables on two of them. Make sure that the other two are tight. Just a thought.
Will do, thanks
Old 02-18-2019, 04:03 PM   #7
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
since youre already in contact with him im sure he has suggested going the route of the reversing contactor. this is probably your best bet considering all the other upgrades youve done. look for the sw-202. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/reversing-contactors.html

Thanks, I was thinking about that today.
I got over 4k into this thing and I cant even drive it, lol
Old 02-18-2019, 04:14 PM   #8
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
Hard to see the wiring diagram but my 94DS series motor needs the 3 micro switch, 6 14 gauge wires total, do these work with the series / solid state with vglide.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:04 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes they do work with all series carts. Shoot me an email lets work a trade.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:46 PM   #10
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Thanks, I was thinking about that today.
I got over 4k into this thing and I cant even drive it, lol
I feel you, I'm in the process of converting my resistor cart to solid state with the alltrax sr controller. I was on the fence which route to go, after reading multiple posts about the f-n-r being the weakest link, I figured it was the final piece of the puzzle to do the conversion right. Haven't got mine all the way together yet but I'm looking forward to it. Scotty has a kit with the reversing contactor and new f-n-r which will be a rocker switch and reallll nice and easy to switch directions!
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car