lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2019, 08:52 PM   #1
Tallon22
Not Yet Wild

Default 00’ TXT Overhaul

Just picked up an 00’ TXT in marginal condition for 1 k and getting ready to get into it. It ran great when my wife and I brought it home as we went on a 1/2 hour cruise through our community. Put it away in the garage, shut everything down. I came back out and wanted to move it over in my garage and could not get nothing out of it.dead in forward and reverse. I then charged batteries for about an hour just to see if that would do anything and still nothing. The cart needs a lot of TLC and I work out of town so I did not have time to trouble shoot it yet. I have been reading up on internet and it sounds like there is a good chance it is a solenoid. Even if it is not I am sure I could use a new one.

So here is my 1st of many questions to come.
As I work out of town, does anyone know if the solenoid on my 00’ Ezgo 36v is a side mount or a bottom mount. I am tempted to just buy both and return one because I would like to have the parts there this weekend. Any other tips would be welcome also.
That’s for your time
Tallon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2019, 09:14 PM   #2
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 00’ TXT Overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallon22 View Post
So here is my 1st of many questions to come.
As I work out of town, does anyone know if the solenoid on my 00’ Ezgo 36v is a side mount or a bottom mount. I am tempted to just buy both and return one because I would like to have the parts there this weekend. Any other tips would be welcome also.

That’s for your time
I have a similar model cart and assuming you have a DCS based TXT. This is the solenoid that I just took out of my similar cart:

OriginalSolenoid.jpg

I replaced it with a MZJ-400 amp 48v

MZJ-400-48v.jpg

Depending on what you are going to do with your cart... you may want to get a better solenoid than the stock one.

As for tips... What do you plan on doing with the cart? Take it off-road? Driving on paved flat roads? There is a lot you can do with that cart. I changed mine up to go off-road on very steep inclines and trails. So I went for torque upgrades. The only original thing on my cart now are the shocks, body and DCS wiring. LOL.

Cheers,
Impaled
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:18 PM   #3
Tallon22
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. I will try and keep the noobie questions to a minimum. But 48v vs 36v is this a problem?
Thanks
Old 05-07-2019, 09:20 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

First thing to do is charge the batteries. Not for one hour, but until the charger turns off. You then need to read up on care and maintenance of batteries, as you should have never driven then parked it without placing it on charge. Then you need to use a digital volt meter to determine the pack voltage 12 hours after the charger turns off. Report back.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html

Or you can start randomly changing out parts, since that helps the site sponsors keep this site going.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:23 PM   #5
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallon22 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I will try and keep the noobie questions to a minimum. But 48v vs 36v is this a problem?
Thanks
Nope. Doesn't matter. But, I would do what Yurtle recommended before changing parts with regards to the battery and charging. More than likely your cart if it is a 2000 is a DCS TXT. They didn't introduce PDS until 2001.5 (mid-year 2001). Your cart would be in the 1994-2001.5 year. The way to tell is if the steering column has 3 bolts... As well, it should have a "Drive Control System" sticker on the side. Mine did.

You can also enter the serial number into the EZGO site and it will tell you exactly what cart you purchased:

https://shop.txtsv.com/vehicle/

Cheers,
Impaled
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:26 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Does solenoid click when you try to go?
Old 05-07-2019, 09:29 PM   #7
Tallon22
Not Yet Wild

Will do.
Thanks lots of reading ahead.
My charger only has a timer switch so I do not believe it is an auto charger. I did test the full battery pack and read 38.4 v.
Thanks again for your time
Old 05-07-2019, 09:32 PM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Solenoid clicking or not is the next fast/easy thing to check. Batteries should be good enough for troubleshooting. Voltage sounds good, but not knowing how soon you took that reading after coming off charger...

If solenoid doesn't click, given that it sounds like you have limited time with the cart, I'd check the reed switch first. To do that, simply place negative test lead on pack negative and check the small red or white (varies) wire from the charger port, with charger unplugged, for pack voltage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2460.jpg (157.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-07-2019, 09:38 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Another fairly frequent intermittent problem, if you have a series cart, is the Molex connector, located between controller and FNR. If you have a sepex cart, ignore, as they apparently don't have this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Molex.jpeg (254.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-07-2019, 10:16 PM   #10
Tallon22
Not Yet Wild

Sorry but cannot look at it till this weekend. But per the sticky I believe it is a series cart. I am probably a bit premature on this post but I am just anxious to get into it. I will trouble shoot this weekend and get back with findings.
Thanks again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO