lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2019, 07:23 PM   #21
Tallon22
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 00’ TXT Overhaul

I do have another question though. In the battery pic you can see that the cables from battery to battery are 4 ga but I have one that is 6ga. Also the positive and neg pack feeds to the controller are 6ga. Usually in ac voltage this is not a good idea. Am I worried about Nothing?
Thanks
Bob
Tallon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2019, 07:30 PM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallon22 View Post
We are running. I believe it was a crimp connector
Thanks all
Good deal. I'd bet that Molex was to blame, but I'd replace it never the less. Mine had to be wiggled once or twice a year, until I got sick of it and soldered the wires and used good quality marine grade adhesive heat shrink.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:36 PM   #23
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallon22 View Post
I do have another question though. In the battery pic you can see that the cables from battery to battery are 4 ga but I have one that is 6ga. Also the positive and neg pack feeds to the controller are 6ga. Usually in ac voltage this is not a good idea. Am I worried about Nothing?
Thanks
Bob
You are correct. A chain is only as good as its weakest link. If you are running stock, chances are the 4 AWG were replacements or possibly an attempt at upgrading. If you are stock, as long as they don't get warmer than ambient and/or the others, you're fine.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:40 PM   #24
Tallon22
Not Yet Wild

Thanks
As you can see I have a lot of cleaning to do
Old 05-10-2019, 07:42 PM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Since you know a thing or two about electrical, I'd consider taking a day and opening up the FNR. I'd inspect the eight copper contacts and make sure they are flush, flat, and clean. If there is any sign of overheating, you should plan on upgrading as a stock one is barely adequate. You can clean them up to reduce resistance and lubricate with a dielectric grease or just Vaseline. I tightened mine up pretty tight, as loose contacts are bad.

Other than that, check electrolyte levels in the batteries, use only distilled water, spray on a battery terminal protectant, and charge after each and every use. Unplug charger from cart and replug every two weeks, to reinitialize a charge cycle.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:54 PM   #26
Tallon22
Not Yet Wild

Will do
Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO