lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
Sakislayer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default How to tell model/year.... Did I get screwed?

Hi All -- I just got my first golf cart - wife purchased for me as a gift. It is supposed to be (according to the receipt) an EZ-GO, 2007 model and it says TXT on the dash. The plate on the passenger side with the serial number on it is gone (looks like they put in a new dash -- it's pretty clean). Without that plate -- how do I know for sure I got what I paid for? Is there any other place on the cart I can check to be sure it's a 2007?

Also - the batteries say "D6" on the terminals -- so I assume these batteries are from December 2006? Which I guess is possible for a 2007 model -- if that is what it is....

Lastly -- it seems to run fine on flat ground and down hill it FLYS -- however, going up my driveway there is a 30 yard stretch where I'm at mabye a 30-35 degree incline and the cart really bogs down -- almost feels like it ain't gonna make it. I've fully charged it with the charger provided..... I'm just wondering if my batteries might be the issue..... I haven't pulled out the volt meter yet.

Oh -- and I see upgrading the wires to 4 awg is recommended -- where is the best place to get them.

It's my new "toy" and I want to start upgrading it -- but without knowing 100% sure what I have I have no idea what lift I need, controller, etc...

thanks!
Sakislayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: How to tell model/year.... Did I get screwed?

Welcome to BGW

Batteries are April 06

You need to take some readings of the volts of each battery, and make sure you take the volt readings when the batteries have been OFF the charger for more that 8 hours or more to get true readings, and check to volts of the whole pack,

And check this out and see where your shifter is and tell us what cart you have

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Can you verify the year and tell us which one of the three drive systems you have?

The last 2 numbers of the manufactures code is the year, located inside the passenger side glove box, the 2004 and newer ezgos dont have a serial number plate in the box, they have a serial number sticker under the rear access panel behind the seat, and then on the driverside frame rail below the floor board.

DCS will have a F&R lever behind the driver's knee and a run/tow switch on the enviromental cover on the controller. The backside of the f&R looks round like a hockey puck.

PDS carts will have a Tow/Run switch with toggle switch for F&R on the dash

SERIES carts will have a shift lever like the dcs cart down by your legs, but it will NOT have a tow/run switch. Also the actual F&R switch is in the corner by the controller and there is linkage from it to the lever in the center.....
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
Sakislayer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I will double check when I get home -- but from the description above I have a series cart. The F/R is definitely behind my right knee and I don't remember seeing a tow switch on the controller cover -- so I'm fairly certain I have a Series cart.

As for the batteries - I called the guy I bought it from and he said they are "reconditioned" batteries he just got from his supplier. He's going to come down on Wed/Thur and take a look at it. He said he needed to take it for a ride to see what I'm talking about...

Would upgrading the wiring and/or controller be the next thing I should do?
Sakislayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

in 2007 they did not put serial number plates in the passenger side glove box. There are 3 locations (visable) for the serial number. The first is directly under the charger plug in. the second is under the passenger side seat back support on the crossmember (visable by lifting the seat). The third is under the driver side floorboard (sticker will be on the frame rail)

There is (or at least is supposed to be) another location but I am not sure if E-Z-GO is still doing it. The 4th location was for the serial number to be stamped into the frame on the passenger side right above the rear wheels. This location required the removal of the body to be able to read it.

Also, keep in mind the 2007 production run actually started in July of 2006 so it is within the real of possibility for the cart to have 2006 batteries in a 2007. D6 batteries wouldn't be in there but a later battery for 2006 is not out of the question.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #5
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Also, i do not believe that the series carts were made in 2007 anymore but i could be wrong!
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #6
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

And welcome to BGW.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgokid View Post
Also, i do not believe that the series carts were made in 2007 anymore but i could be wrong!
Series carts are still being made today.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:01 AM   #8
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Series carts are still being made today.
Really? I was led to believe differently. Are they still sold by E-Z-GO as the TXT model?
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:38 AM   #9
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgokid View Post
Really? I was led to believe differently. Are they still sold by E-Z-GO as the TXT model?
Yep.

I just ordered 48V 2011 TXT carts. In PDS form.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #10
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

I love that "reconditioned batteries" no such thing.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO