lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2018, 08:26 PM   #1
acopper123
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default CHARGER SAFETY & TECH Q's

As I mentioned in a previous post I am new to the cart world and have many questions- sooo- here's another:

What is the best way to charge my '14 CC Precedent? My cart came with the pictured charger. I was told that this should just be left plugged in all the time. Would you guys agree? Also- the charger has a spot where it presumably can be hung on the wall. Are you guys comfortable with that? Is there a concern of over-heating and ultimately burning the whole house down? Technical answers are appreciated.

Also- What is this charger called/named? Any specs or additional info about it would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180705_115719.jpg (211.6 KB, 0 views)
acopper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2018, 08:34 PM   #2
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: CHARGER SAFETY & TECH Q's

It’s called the ERIC charger. I had mine on a wall without issue. It’s fine to leave it plugged in all of the time, recommended actually.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:06 PM   #3
acopper123
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks. Researched, and now officially "informed".
Old 07-06-2018, 10:19 AM   #4
scmoose
Gone Wild

Buddy of just fried his ERIC charger, blamed it on lightning in the area, local CC shop confirmed his suspision.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
scmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 03:18 PM   #5
acopper123
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

That's good to know. I keep reading this cart should be left plugged in, but then I hear things like that which result in occasional damage. Naturally my concern is the house burning down as the result of something happening to the charger while I'm not home. ....not to mention the boiling acid in the batteries and what that could cause. Probably over-thinking on my part.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:18 PM   #6
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was concerned about my DPI charger overheating and damaging the electronics, not burning the house down. I went to Walmart and got a little 6 inch fan and put it behind the charger. Problem solved.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car