lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2018, 10:47 AM   #1
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 92 ds total rebuild. Want torque, 36v or 48v?

I'm rebuilding the entire cart. I want to use it for hunting and property maintenance. I don't really care about speed, this is a "don't care a bout the show, all go", rebuild. I need to replace EVERYTHING, except the transaxle and frame. Budget is a consideration, but I want quality parts.

Is 36v dc or 48v dc a better option?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2018, 01:20 PM   #2
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Default Re: 92 ds total rebuild. Want torque, 36v or 48v?

i think you know the answer already
48 volt will give you more torque/range
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:57 PM   #3
CruisinaCampground
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I recently purchased a C54 solid state conversion from Carts Unlimited (a site sponsor here) for my 1998 DS series cart. This kit runs on 36V or 48V. The only thing I needed to change was a Pre charge resistor when I was ready to convert from 36V to 48V. My cart couldn't handle hills with 4 people before the conversion. Now she pulls hills like nothing.
CruisinaCampground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:15 AM   #4
thatrain31
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinaCampground View Post
I recently purchased a C54 solid state conversion from Carts Unlimited (a site sponsor here) for my 1998 DS series cart. This kit runs on 36V or 48V. The only thing I needed to change was a Pre charge resistor when I was ready to convert from 36V to 48V. My cart couldn't handle hills with 4 people before the conversion. Now she pulls hills like nothing.
I purchased same kit for an 86 club car 36v. Night and day difference!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
thatrain31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:38 AM   #5
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
I'm rebuilding the entire cart. I want to use it for hunting and property maintenance. I don't really care about speed, this is a "don't care a bout the show, all go", rebuild. I need to replace EVERYTHING, except the transaxle and frame. Budget is a consideration, but I want quality parts.

Is 36v dc or 48v dc a better option?
Since you need to replace “EVERYTHING”, batteries included, you may as well upgrade to 48V. My batteries on my 36V DS Series Controller went out after 7 years of service so I decided to upgrade with the stuff in my signature. All I can say is I am more than pleased with the results. Tons of torque. Do it, you won’t regret it. JMHO
HaulnA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car