lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2018, 08:42 AM   #1
dabear
Not Yet Wild

Default Auxiliary port install

I am wanting to put a 12volt auxiliary port on my 2005 club car and was wondering on how to do it. If I go off one battery I only have 8 volts but if off of two batteries I would then have 16volts. Not sure if the 16 would hurt charging phones etc. I know there are some voltage redone vets but I am not want to spend much money on this. My main question is will the 16 volts mess up the phone? Thanks in advance.
dabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2018, 08:45 AM   #2
radelon
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Auxiliary port install

I'm guessing you are at 48v. Just get a 48v to 12v Voltage Reducer and then run your Aux port off that.
radelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:46 AM   #3
hipower
Getting Wild
Club Car

Short answer, almost always. Try it at your own risk.

Better answer would be to tell you the best, safest way is with the addition of a 48-12 volt reducer. I haven't looked at the cost for one lately, but I'm sure one of the site sponsors can supply a good one at a fair price.
hipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:49 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Of course the preferred way is a voltage reducer and then just a 12v automotive type port, but since you are not wanting to install one, this https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-24V-Dua...itleDesc=0%7C0 is your next best choice as it will take up to 24v input so your 16v 2 battery set-up will not hurt it or your accessories.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car